Runny feces

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattxxBoss

5 Year Member
My russian
Has runny poop I feed greens and lettuce and his temps is right . How do I make his poop healthy

hunterk997

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Wayland, NY
Runny

It would be good to still say what the temps and humidity are. And specifications on what is fed.

Sent from my Ipod using the tortoiseforum app

MattxxBoss

5 Year Member
Runny

I think I found the problem the tank is not humid what could i do to make it humid without buying any thing

jjsull33

5 Year Member
Denver, Colorado
RE: Runny

I would say it's probably diet related, rather then humidity related. Do you feed him much aloe or squash/pumpkin? These foods can cause runny poop. More fiber will help harden it.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
RE: Runny

When tortoises are fed a diet of mostly store-bought greens, their poop is a bit on the runny side. Try to add more clean plants from outside to his diet.

cally

5 Year Member
Kale wont eat hibiscus leaves :( he is a lettuce maniac

Cally- Russian Tort <3

CJohnson

5 Year Member
My Johann had runny poo because I relied too much on grocery greens, but once I added Mazuri, it firmed right up Fiber is key.

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
Different species but my DTs had this problem when I was feeding a lot of store greens. Upped the weeds/grass and laid off the greens for a week and they regulated. Now I feed a lower portion of greens. Incidentally, when I first tried to get them to eat grasses they turned up their tort noses. After a couple days of just weeds and grasses in the bowl they got wise.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
The most likely cause of trunny poop is insufficient fiber in the diet.

You might have to be tough here, but it is for yuor torts own good.

Chopp the loved lettuce finely and mix in some weeds and leaves that have more fiber. serve the food wet so the best bits can't be picked out. he may well resist eating at all for a few days, but he will give in and t won't do any harm.

Status
Not open for further replies.