poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

antoniocormier

5 Year Member
im kinda concerned on his poop. when i first got him he had almost like runny diarrea. His poop is not really as runny anymore but it doesn't look normal. im feeding him a good diet and everything.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 49

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Have you fed him anything that is red? Why don't you list the diet that you are feeding. Also, he maybe just getting back to normal poops, seeing you said he had running when you got him. Listing a little more info, like diet, etc will help others give a more informative answer. Good luck, hope all is well.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Peoria, Arizona
Have you had him to the. Vet to check for worms? Can you give a list of what you have been feeding?

antoniocormier

5 Year Member
wellington said:
Have you fed him anything that is red? Why don't you list the diet that you are feeding. Also, he maybe just getting back to normal poops, seeing you said he had running when you got him. Listing a little more info, like diet, etc will help others give a more informative answer. Good luck, hope all is well.

Mostly he east Romaine and Collard greens. But he also eats peaches, watermelon, the grass from backyard (no bug sprays) and sometimes he eats cantelope. I tried feeding him tomatoes but he wouldn't eat it.

mainey34 said:
Have you had him to the. Vet to check for worms? Can you give a list of what you have been feeding?

Mostly he eats Romaine and Collard greens. But he also eats peaches, watermelon, the grass from backyard (no bug sprays) and sometimes he eats cantelope. I tried feeding him tomatoes but he wouldn't eat it.

abclements

5 Year Member
Runny poo usually comes from too many fruits but it doesnt seem like your feeding too much fruit. Maybe cut back a little on the fruit and see if it hardens up in a week or 2. It definitely shouldnt be rock solid either though. Also like others have said, a fecal exam definitely wouldnt be a bad thing. Maybe not necessary quite yet though

My bad, i just looked at the picture. That red spot is a little concerning. If that continues i would definitely get a fecal exam.

Michael in MO

5 Year Member
watermelon is kinda like a candy treat for torts I use it as an appetite stimulant RARELY, you may want to try a spring mix and maybe throw a banana in there (also a "candy" but will firm up the poo)

Status
Not open for further replies.