Rubbermaid Christmas Tree Totes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NJ
I have checked everywhere for these thinking I would like to use a couple and have a couple on hand. Are they actually called this and made by rubbermaid? I can't even find them on rubbermaids site. Does anyone have a part# off of a sticker or anything? I have checked walmart to no avail. Thanks!!!!

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
I guess they are a plastic storage container that is larger that is used for a tort enclosure.

Iluvemturts

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Central WI
Hi Dee
The only place I've ever found them is Walmart. You may have to ask a store employee....sometimes they dont even know. LOL
Good Luck.
Last Christmas a guy on another forum bought 4 (or so) at $4.00
What a steal!!! I paid like $24.00 for mine.

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
They are 24.95 at Wal-Mart right now, I wish they would come down a bit. I will be keeping my eye open for clearance pricing on them. I would like to have a couple for extra turt/tort setups as well as to store my set of 3 xmas pencil trees.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Dee they are made by Iris. I haven't seen the christmas tree ones at my walmart, but they do have what they call, I think, a holiday tote. It's the same size, but has 2 wheels.
I have to say I got some, 15 :rolleyes:, earlier this year for $3.00 each. SORRY

Danny

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Sure Danny, just rub it in! LOL!

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
Have you tried calling your local Home Depot, Menards, Lowes type hardware big box store? I was going to go check ours out after I takes the kids (screaming) back to school tomorrow.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Have not checked lowes yet, I will have to go and check.

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
Hey, do you have a Costco or Sams Club near you?

They may have a good seasonal storage selection at good prices.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
I am not a member there.

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
I'm not either.
BUT I have gone a couple times with friends, then we went to the DQ and I treated them to a Blizzard...of course you might choose someplace warm on a day like this (here it is negative digiits wind chill)

How about a feed store? Or a Fleet Farm?

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
I just got mine at Wal mart $24.00 said all xmas items 50% off but when I questioned they said not the tote. But I got it anyway. Only had one though. Its the one with the two wheels, red top. Didn't see anything like this at Costco and was there less than a week ago.
Good luck- I wouldn't mind finding some for a bit less $$.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
So I went to Walmart tonight to stock up on school snacks, etc. The same walmart that I called 2 times asking if they had large totes. With a response of "no, we are out". So I decided to look for myself. I found 50 gal totes with wheels. Are these the ones everyone is talking about? Well, I bought 2 anyway for $12.83 ea.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Walmart was right :rolleyes: they were out. These are bigger than the 50 gal. size Dee. They are 51 inches long and 21 inches wide and I think 14 inches high.
They will still come in handy Dee, when you get more tortoises. :p
Oh I did buy 4 at regular price at first. The first was four years ago and I paid $20 for that one, then I bought 3 for $25 two years ago. ;)

Danny

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
I got the one on wheels with the red top... These ones I guess aren't the ones you are talking about, Danny! I hope I can find some as big as the ones you saw! These ones on wheels are about 4 feet long and maybe 18 inches wide. I've got mine in use, they are roomy enough for smaller sweeties!

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
jlyoncc1 said:
So I went to Walmart tonight to stock up on school snacks, etc. The same walmart that I called 2 times asking if they had large totes. With a response of "no, we are out". So I decided to look for myself. I found 50 gal totes with wheels. Are these the ones everyone is talking about? Well, I bought 2 anyway for $12.83 ea.

I would bet money that if you asked if they had 'large totes', the mind warrior on the other end of the phone thought you meant the shoes:rolleyes:
At our walmart I could ask if they carried toilet paper and they would say no...they have taken the 'just say no' thing too far;)

Glad you got one at such an awesome price too:D

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Figures, I thought this one didn't seem big enough. I guess I just might have to use one to actually organize something! LOL

baybay

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I have found a very nice selection of rubber maid tubs at target. I am not sure if they are tree bins but very close.i got a nice sized one for 14$.

Status
Not open for further replies.