Rowdy Russian!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mousling

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Seattle
We got my russian today and the first thing my boyfriend said as it scrambled about in the box was 'It's a rowdy little guy' and so it was named. We let it lose in it's little dwelling and so far it hasn't hidden but rather munched happily on the greens from out garden and jumped in an out of the water dish about a million times, no drinking, just in and out, silly tortoise. Anyway, here's a pic of it's underside, any guesses on gender? I'm thinking female but confirmation or correction would be cool. I can't wait to get the little outdoor box done so Rowdy can have some outdoor time too!

tortoise.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Hi,
Rowdy is a female. :D I'm glad she's settling in so well. :D

Danny

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D Sounds like your little girl is acting like a natural Russian. :D Congrats on her.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Congrats on getting Rowdy. Probably haven't heard that before (hehe). Nice looking Russian (from the avatar). and she has a cute belly too. Now we need more pics so we can see just how beautiful all of her is.

mousling

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Seattle
Crazy1 said:
Congrats on getting Rowdy. Probably haven't heard that before (hehe). Nice looking Russian (from the avatar). and she has a cute belly too. Now we need more pics so we can see just how beautiful all of her is.

More pics will come once I sorta let her be for a few days, I don't want to traumatize her toooo much. It seems she wants to dig everywhere, in the garden, in the enclosure, looks like I'm going to have to make her bed-a-beast stuff a bit deeper.

mousling

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Seattle
She's quite the active and happy girl! I got a few good pics today when she came out to partake in a little red leaf and nasturum flowers.

rowdyflower.JPG

rowdyflower2.JPG

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
What a cutie, I am glad she is settling in, and chomping down.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Great Pics shes a sweety. Glad she is doing good and what a little feast she has, yummy.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Pretty Lady! Did she like the nasturtium? I keep thinking about trying some on mine, but hard to get plants around here and I do really bad growing stuff from seeds.

mousling

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Seattle
Jacqui said:
Pretty Lady! Did she like the nasturtium? I keep thinking about trying some on mine, but hard to get plants around here and I do really bad growing stuff from seeds.

She didn't try it, but I may give her a bit again later. My neighbors are great with plans, they have 2 nasturum plants and just about every dark leafy green you can imagine growing in the front yard and told me I could have whatever I wanted for Rowdy. She is sooooo spoiled.

M

Maggie Cummings

I'm impressed that she is so relaxed that she started eating right away. They are usually traumatized by the trip to eat. She's going to be a great little tortoise for you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.