"Romeo and Juliet"... Russian-style!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Sometime in the last week, Zoom and Astro each figured out the other was there... And, of course, with all the hormones of breeding season in the air. . .

P6070520.jpg

P6070621.jpg

P6070522.jpg

Oh, forbidden teenage romance. :rolleyes:

I wish I'd had my camera the other day when Astro was actually trying to climb that corner. Poor guy--now that dang poppy plant is in the way! LOL!

And just so it's been said, I will be capping that corner. Those tricky little snots! Hahaha. Hope you all enjoyed! :)

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
terryo said:
That is the finniest thing. Why can't they be together?:(

I'm worried about him stressing her out with his advances. I hear male Russians are persistent like that, lol. That and I want to get them both tested for parasites before introducing them. Make sure they're healthy and all that jazz. :)

fhintz

5 Year Member
Fort Myers, FL
Very cute! Allow me to present .

Tort Shakespeare . . .

Juliet: "Romeo, Romeo, where for art thou Romeo. Perchance if I climb this wall I can spot you!"

Romeo: "Oh dearest love, I hath been quarantined on the suspicion that I mayhaps have ingested the foulest parasites. Perhaps I should nay have eaten my own poop."

Juliet: "Goodness me. Mayhaps I should be tested for such parasites as well. Just let it not be parasites of the heart for I long to have you sniff and bob your head at me!"

And . scene!

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Ok I am cracking up at the whole scene, thanks I needed that. Taylor that is great that you are being cautious. Great pics by the way.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
LOL!!! Oh, fhintz, that was something special. Thanks so much for the laugh!

Missy, it's a lesson I've learned the hard way. You can never be too careful! :) Glad you liked the pics!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Oh Fhinz, that is hilarious!

You should be a screenwriter. You and Tom could team up and make a tortoise romance movie. Just think of the box office receipts with all of us out here to go see it. :D

South FL Katie

5 Year Member
Coral Springs, FL
hahahaha that's funny, the Tort Shakespeare scene definitely put it into perspective.

Tortoises bob their heads at each other? I've seen iguanas do it but I always thought it was an aggressive maneuver lol

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
my female russian bob's her head at the larger female russian, but unlike a male, she then walks away

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
haha fhintz that was great...
Cute pictures :)

Status
Not open for further replies.