Rocky my russian tortoise update!

LinusRocky

Location (City and/or State)
Liverpool
I woke up today and turned my UV bulb on to later find my new tortoise (Rocky) wondering round and basking on the slate i lay down under the bulb, i give him a quick bath and let him get back to his work, he still hasnt eat or drank yet but i think this is normal. He has burried himself again and gone for a nap but he is VERY sleepy still so im going to leave him be for the next few hours until i check on him and try and feed him and let him have a drink. Thanks for reading

Attachments

• WP_20150827_004.jpg
    WP_20150827_004.jpg
    429.3 KB · Views: 21
  • WP_20150827_006.jpg
    WP_20150827_006.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 18

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You do keep water available 24/7 right? Also, if he is new, it will take a little while for them to get accustomed to his new home. At this time of year, a lot of threads are popping up about their Russians not eating, slowing down, sleeping a lot. Mine is doing some of these things too. I'm thinking it's getting close to that time of year that they start thinking about brumating, but it's not quite time yet. So, be sure to keep the temos up a little and making it bright for about 12 hours a day will help to keep them up and hopefully not slow down.

LinusRocky

Liverpool
I always keep the water there and i change it if i see poop or wee in there also i change it every morning, thanks for the help

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
Put the light on a timer so the light will go on and off at the same time every day. Then if your schedule changes, it wont affect him. Timers are cheap at any hardware store.