RIP Grumpyface

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
WHAT???????? Oh geez. I can't even imagine how you're feeling right now. This is the worst thing I've heard in a long time. Dang it anyway. I feel so bad for you. In a way I DO know what you're going through because my first tortoise, Mi-Shell, didn't make it through brumation this past winter. I had her for over 40 years. Not the same thing, I know. Grumpy face was such a little cutey pie.

It's unusual for the CHEs to die. But to have one get so hot is quite unusual too. Next time try to put the CHEs on thermostats. That way they go on and off to the temperature you dial in.

Dang it! I'm so very, very sorry.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Grumpyface was healthy and happy. I was freakin happy to have him,
Yesterday his CHE had died so I put a new one in his tank, and this morning it was 135 degrees in there and GF was dead.
Frankly I don't even know what to say damn it
Oh, I'm so sorry & so sad. He was special. Big, big hugs Maggie. We're here for you.

TaylorTortoise

Abington
Grumpyface was healthy and happy. I was freakin happy to have him,
Yesterday his CHE had died so I put a new one in his tank, and this morning it was 135 degrees in there and GF was dead.
Frankly I don't even know what to say damn it
Is Grumpyface in your profile pic?
SO sorry for your extreme loss. He is in a good place now. AKA Tortoise heaven.

Aloysius Taschse

Mainly Texas
That's so sad! I haven't posted on the tortoise forum in a while, as I've been busy, but how could I not respond to this? I'm so sorry for your loss! We really need a cheap smart thermostat that will tell you if it gets too hot and other things, like a combination of a normal thermostat, a camera, and a warning device. Anyways, I feel so bad for you and I hope you feel better soon. Know that we are here for you!

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT
Oh Maggie, I am so sorry. I know how fond you had become of Grumpyface--such a tragedy for you. Please know that I am thinking of you...

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
We all felt the exact same thing when we opened this folder. We all know how well you care for and love your guys and especially this little baby. GF was very special to you, obvious by all the pics! <lol>!! You aren't a kid so you know the drill, ....that specialness stays with you, like a gift.

We all get it, on all planes and it sucks....on all planes......sorry.