Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
This poor little guy went through a double whammy. First these people picked him up off a busy rural county road, then they brought him home only to be a chew-toy for their Labrador.

10-24-09rescue-1.jpg

10-24-09rescue-2.jpg

Yvonne

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Will he be O.K. in time? Will he live a normal lifespan or are his injuries too severe? Are rescues like this guy traumatized and afraid of any contact? You must have a protective wall around your emotions, like a doctor, to be able to deal with these living crises and not be overwhelmed.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Wow his shell got all scraped! Does that hurt them? Or, does it need to be deeper? Poor bubba. So cute too.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
:( Poor little baby! He must be so scared! I am glad you are the one taking care of him :) Is he going to be ok?

Traveller

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
Wow is all I can say.
How can people be so ignorant?
Hopefully he'll overcome his ordeal since he's
in good hands now.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
He'll be fine. Those scrapes are superficial and not life threatening. No need even for antibiotic. It takes a long time, several years, but eventually you can pick off the white areas and beautiful new shell is underneath. I really don't understand how that works, because the white you see is bone, so how does new shell grow UNDER the bone, but it works. And little Russians are just so personable. He doesn't act like he's undergone any trauma at all!

Yvonne

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Yvonne I am very glad he is going to be ok and that he is doing good, as if nothing happened :)

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Thank goodness that he finally found you Yvonne. Now he will get the life he deserves. Thanks for being there for all of these little guys and the big ones too. You're very special person. :)

Weloveourtortoise

5 Year Member
Gardner, MA
This just makes be want to hug Charlie close to me. I am so glad to hear the little RT will be free from that environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.