Rescued Frodo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninjacheese

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Norway
I got Frodo about a year ago. I "stole" him from my uncle because he really can't treat animals well. (He was living in a 20cm x 30cm cardboard box filled with red catsand and no water...) I've been guessing he is a hermans until now, I'll add a picture.
He has a little bad case of pyramiding, but I have gotten him all the calium and vitamins he needs and a heatlamp and an UVB lamp in a large rabbit cage. I'm planning on building a bigger enclosure for him, but since this was an emergency I did what i could in short time with little money.
I managed to help him with his overgrown beak too, giving him cuttlebone, it was good after just a couple of months.
With better diet and good nursing he seems like he is happy and healthy now!
Anyhow, this is my first tortoise and I would really appriciate all the help and tips I can get.
(I'm new to forums too, so I didn't know where to post this and if the pictures will show, but I hope this is ok :p)

DSC08709.jpg DSC08616.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and WELCOME:D. Congrats on the rescue. You did a great job. Your pics worked great. There is a lot of great info here and great people. If you have a question, just post it and there are plenty of people that will help.

Ninjacheese

5 Year Member
Norway
thank you for the responses :D I'm wondering how I can figure out his age?
if its settled by size, I figured that because of pyramiding his growth hasn't been going as well as it should have.

Bow

5 Year Member
British Columbia
He looks just like Walter, I'd guess hermann's too. Congratulations! He's lucky to have you. I gave Walter baths every day when I first got him, it doesn't make the pyramiding go away, but it becomes way less noticeable.

Ninjacheese

5 Year Member
Norway
Bow said:
He looks just like Walter, I'd guess hermann's too. Congratulations! He's lucky to have you. I gave Walter baths every day when I first got him, it doesn't make the pyramiding go away, but it becomes way less noticeable.

I guess as long as the pyramiding doesn't give him trouble moving around, its not really a problem as long as it doesn't get worse. He lifts his body up high and follows me around wherever I go. :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Ninjacheese:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

What would you like us to call you?

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Welcome to the forum :tort:
Thats awesome in a way you rescued this tortoise, im sure he will strive in your care now Look how happy he looks in the photos :)

Ninjacheese

5 Year Member
Norway
emysemys said:
Hi Ninjacheese:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

What would you like us to call you?

Haha I don't know. I guess I'll go by my first name, Cecilie. If its not too hard to write. ;) (try pronouncing it, I dare you :p)

Bow

5 Year Member
British Columbia
Ninjacheese said:
I guess as long as the pyramiding doesn't give him trouble moving around, its not really a problem as long as it doesn't get worse. He lifts his body up high and follows me around wherever I go. :D

Walter has just as much, and it doesn't seem to hinder his movement. As long as you keep him moist he shouldn't pyramid anymore.

jason g.

5 Year Member
Ninjacheese said:
Haha I don't know. I guess I'll go by my first name, Cecilie. If its not too hard to write. ;) (try pronouncing it, I dare you :p)

Does it sound like an Italian city.(Sicily)

Ninjacheese

5 Year Member
Norway
jason g. said:
Ninjacheese said:

Does it sound like an Italian city.(Sicily)

haha not really. all the Es are like the E in "met".

Bow

5 Year Member
British Columbia
Ninjacheese said:

Haha. Name buddies, I'm Cecilia.

Status
Not open for further replies.