Rescued a sulcata

Status
Not open for further replies.

starjess81

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
KY
Yesterday I rescued a about 15-20 pound sulcate tortoise. I am learning about the breed, I have a greek and russian so I am familar with torts....She is pretty shy, I think due to stress. She is warm and in a quite place. Hopefully she will be ok in a few days. Her name is Tank

Attachments

• IMG_0994.JPG
    IMG_0994.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 88

mary t

5 Year Member
Lakeland, florida
Wow I wish my rescue was that pretty. Mine was shy for a few days now he comes when we call him and follows me around the yard, we have only had him 4 months... Good job and good luck

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
She looks as if she needs a good long rest in the proper conditions. Good for you! Let us know how she does.

starjess81

5 Year Member
KY
Tank update.....after a few days of her observing us and me getting her on a soaking and feeding routine. She has really come around! I can actually hand feed her and she will let me pet her head! I live in KY and it was almost 70 degrees outside yesterday so I opened my door to let the light in and she walked right over to the door and wanted out. So we spent about 45 minutes outside grazing and exploring! She has really come out of her shell! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.