RES tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAC8671

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego CA
We are trying to figure out a way to make Gunther (RES) a bigger, more stable place to bask completley out of the water. Right now she is just on a styrofoam dock from petsmart. It's the largest they have. I've not seen anything larger. Her tank is 75 gal filled with about 60-65 gal of water. It's a taller tank, as opposed to a short but long tank. We want her to still have the room to swim around so we have come up with an idea (kinda cheesy, but it may work). Please give me some feedback and/or suggestions on something else.

I wanted to just buy 2 pieces of plexiglass and apoxy rocks/stones to the top of each. One large piece would be apoxied to the insides of the tank and have another piece sloping down so she can climb up. This way she can can still have her swim space underneath. The basking area would only be about 1 foot long, so it won't go across the entire length of the tank.

Then I thought plexiglass may not work.

So I thought we could buy pvc pipe and cut it into strips about the size of a paper towel roll, apoxy them together and then to the sides of the tank (stones on top). But I wouldn't know what to put sloping down for her to climb up????

Any suggestions on this, or if there is something else out there specifically for turtles that I could use that would be big enough for her? I don't want something free floating.

daytripper

5 Year Member
there are aquarium sealants u can use.

like i said check that site. very imformative. creative people too.

DAC8671

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego CA
I loved the site! We actually got our idea on the tank from them (though ours will be a bit more ghetto ;-) ) I couldn't find anything about adhesives, though. Could also be that I just skipped right over it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.