Redfoot and swimming?

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
My russian enjoys swimming to an extent... not for very long, maybe 45 mins, and then he's SO done :D How'd it go?

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
This is embarrassing...but I was at the grocery story tonight & I purposely parked by this island that had big rocks so I can start gathering rocks for my enclosure so I can try this out with my red foots & I didnt realize there was an older guy starring at me as I was taking some rocks! And...I was talking to myself..."oh yeah this is good," "too small," "This one sucks" and whatever else I said! Yeah I got the weirdest look every when I drove off . Oh well...:rolleyes:

It's for my babies:D

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Yeah, I'm crazy sometimes ;)Awwww...that was cute!!! Can't wait to see it with better lighting :) Thanks for sharing!!

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Hmmmm...I can never get my videos to post for some reason. What am I doing wrong?

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
You should post a video on YouTube, then link it here :)
LOL...I don't even know how to do that!!! When it comes to computers, iPads, & such, I know how to turn it on, off, save & print. I'm not high tech at all:rolleyes:.

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
This is embarrassing...but I was at the grocery story tonight & I purposely parked by this island that had big rocks so I can start gathering rocks for my enclosure so I can try this out with my red foots & I didnt realize there was an older guy starring at me as I was taking some rocks! And...I was talking to myself..."oh yeah this is good," "too small," "This one sucks" and whatever else I said! Yeah I got the weirdest look every when I drove off . Oh well...:rolleyes:

It's for my babies:D
LOL! I steal rocks, too.

May, Aussies, & Hermannis
IG: @AUSSOMEAUSSIES

Beep-Beep

Hong Kong
Rejuvenating this thread with my recent experience :)

My two rf juvenile seem to simply love swimming. I was totally taken aback upon doing a little test in a large plastic bucket i placed slanted on the floor and filled with some warm water. It made for a very mild "no water to deep water" slope.
I set both torts on the very shallow end, they mucked around a bit, and then went in.
Sides of the bucket were not transparent but they just kept on heading to the deep end, swimming confidently, sometimes just floating around for a few secs, changing directions, heading back to shore, and then having another go at the deep end (a good 5 to 6 inches deep).
I am new to torts - a month or so - but it looked like they were having a smashing good time.

And so for the past 10 days I have now been offering them more than just the 2 daily soakings.
Every 3 days they swim, they never go under, and always venture out to the deep end.

You will have to take my words for it, they are extremely cute in their swimwear.
I can't bother with opening an account on youtube. No vids to share, soz all !

Cheers,
Beep-Beep