recurring question

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottishscott

5 Year Member
Folks, I know this has been asked before,but what with cold temps hitting the Memphis area now,it's kind of hard to get a day to take Rhino(Sulcata) outside to sun. I have always used tube fluorescent uvb bulbs in the past. I ran across these mercury vapor bulbs and they sound quite promising. I would like to try one to provide the uvb and the heat. Will you check out the site and let me know what you guys/gals think?

http://www.reptileuv.com/megaray-sb-160-watt-self-ballasted-flood-uvb-lamp.php

Oh,BTW, Rhino is doing so good.He is just going to town all the time,well, unless he is sleeping in his food.LOL

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Megaray great product.. Bulbs put out Incredible UVB rays.. I brought there zoological bulbs 275 watts at 32" outstanding UVB output .. Output at distance actually written on box and confirmed using a UVB meter..

I brought six bulbs two yrs ago 3 are still running fine.. UVB output is still great.. And I run all my lights on timers 12-14 hrs a day..

Now as far a customer service goes .. Unless they have improved its tuff to get a hold of anyone.. Took me close to two month to get a call back and Ok to order the zoological bulbs.. Then it took three weeks to ship.. Great product,, not so great customer service.. But I will say this when I did get the call back the owner spent almost an hour with me on the phone..

I read somewhere they have changed things around recently and have greatly improved on there customer service..

scottishscott

5 Year Member
Tony the tank said:
Megaray great product.. Bulbs put out Incredible UVB rays.. I brought there zoological bulbs 275 watts at 32" outstanding UVB output .. Output at distance actually written on box and confirmed using a UVB meter..

I brought six bulbs two yrs ago 3 are still running fine.. UVB output is still great.. And I run all my lights on timers 12-14 hrs a day..

Now as far a customer service goes .. Unless they have improved its tuff to get a hold of anyone.. Took me close to two month to get a call back and Ok to order the zoological bulbs.. Then it took three weeks to ship.. Great product,, not so great customer service.. But I will say this when I did get the call back the owner spent almost an hour with me on the phone..

I read somewhere they have changed things around recently and have greatly improved on there customer service..

Yes, to me they seem to have a great product as well. I am going to contact them tomorrow and see what they suggest for my enclosure and the distances I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.