Status
Not open for further replies.

shmily1605

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sardis, MS
Mega-Ray SB 160 watt Self-Ballasted Flood UVB Lamp
Mega-Ray HP - 60 Watt Heat Projector

I was going to try to get the Mega ray 100 watt one but they dont have it available. So I am thinking about getting the 160watt and keeping it at a further distance. The website suggested that would be ok. I have been trying to get one for a month now but they are still on back order. I also want to get the 60 watt heat projector for their night time heat because it does not light up and it is actually a 100watt. Let me know if ya'll think this is a good idea. It is for my 2 baby sulcatas that are in a 55 gallon tank. I am in the process of building them a table.
:)

Michael Bird

10 Year Member!
Salt Lake City, Utah
How warm/cold does the enclosure get at night when the basking lamp is turned off? It's quite possible that you don't need a heat emitter at night, particularly during the warmer summer months...

As far as the UVB lamp, yes, it's fine to mount it higher so that it doesn't overheat your tortoises. The UVB will be slightly less effective at larger distances but shouldn't have any negative effects that I am aware of.

shmily1605

5 Year Member
Sardis, MS
Michael Bird said:
How warm/cold does the enclosure get at night when the basking lamp is turned off? It's quite possible that you don't need a heat emitter at night, particularly during the warmer summer months...

As far as the UVB lamp, yes, it's fine to mount it higher so that it doesn't overheat your tortoises. The UVB will be slightly less effective at larger distances but shouldn't have any negative effects that I am aware of.

It drops down to 68 at night. Do you think I need one?

Status
Not open for further replies.