Recommended Place To Order Cuttlebone ?

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon Coast
So I have been having a hard time finding cuttlebone locally. I usually am using egg shells. But when I thought I was being clever and ordered my babies a bulk order of cheap cuttlebone online, it showed up as tiny chunks of utter trash that I could never feed my redfoots. Can anyone recommend a good site to order quality cuttlebone from?

Freddy90

Austria
I buy my cuttlebone locally in the bird section of hardware or pet stores so I can pick nice and big pieces.

SarahJoy

Augusta georgia
So I have been having a hard time finding cuttlebone locally. I usually am using egg shells. But when I thought I was being clever and ordered my babies a bulk order of cheap cuttlebone online, it showed up as tiny chunks of utter trash that I could never feed my redfoots. Can anyone recommend a good site to order quality cuttlebone from?
You are right. I used to get the large 8-12" cuttlebone by Sleek and Sassy. Can't get it anywhere. I did get some in bulk that arrived in good condition; will check label where I got it and/or I'm willing to share some of mine.

SarahJoy

Augusta georgia
Mine shipped from BirdDog Depot, 172 Trade Street, Lexington KY 40511 probably an Amazon company. Arrived in perfect condition though I'm in GA so did not have far to go.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
In Corvallis...Pet Smart, Petco,The Animal House, or just add a pinch of calcium w/D3 on their food a couple of times a week. and some sun and away ya go...I should bring Houdini over to meet you and yours...oh wait ...I'd HATE to have to go to the beautiful Oregon Coast, why don't ya come pick Rose of Sharon if your guys will eat them...I have way lots...oh and Happy Birthday lol
100_8286.JPG