Dry Tortoise Foods

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

-EJ said:
I can imagine who this idiot is you are talking about... do you really think he knows what he is talking about?????
This might be the post...
http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=10222&highlight=formulated+diet
but the server seems to be screwed up.
...but then you have to ask why the lazy bum has not posted an update. That post is almost a year old.

The dude should be shot... if he is going to make all these claims he should at least follow through.

As to throwing his name around... who cares... it's been used in far worse context.

maggie3fan said:
I have always been absolutely against feeding my tortoises any commercially pelleted food products...

Do you think a personality change is possible??????

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
happens all the time. It's called the human condition... new information is gathered... new decisions are made.

Wven though I've used the diet and I've been in contact with the developers and the diet has been in use for over 25 years... I could be wrong... but... I don't believe so. I will let yall know if I am...

maggie3fan said:
Do you think a personality change is possible??????

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
I remembered another couple reasons I decided to try Mazuri--good if I'm going out of town for the weekend as I can leave it out, and there could always be an emergency where you can't go out to the store (weather, etc)...good to have a plan b.

M

Maggie Cummings

If anyone hasn't figured it out just yet EJ is the person who wrote the article I was talking about. So look at the link in his post and read that article and look at the pictures of his beautiful animals and you will see why I am saying that Mazuri is a good product and is NOT harmful to our animals...

nrfitchett4

5 Year Member
I guess I am lucky that I live in San Antonio and can pretty much get green stuff year round. Maybe I'll try it since it has worked so well for so many, but do they sell it in smaller quantities than 25 lbs?

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
You can buy a 1 lb bag packaged by the manufacturer (try searching Google Shopping), or some people will buy the 25 lb bag and then re-package it. Ebay sells it as well. I got mine from a member of another forum who buys the big bags, re-packages it, and donates proceeds to a tort rescue place. I could probably dig up the info if you wanted. I have mine in the freezer and didn't find any contradicting information of why it couldn't be frozen (just keep a little baggie of it out).

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
We had a Rep from Purina come to one of our CTTC meetings. He spent about an hour and a half talking about Mazuri for torts and Turts. It was quite informative. Seems it can be placed in the refrigirator for about 6 months and he said frozen about a year.

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
I believe that was David Salmon... the person I've in in touch with since the first day I've been using the stuff...

Crazy1 said:
We had a Rep from Purina come to one of our CTTC meetings. He spent about an hour and a half talking about Mazuri for torts and Turts. It was quite informative. Seems it can be placed in the refrigirator for about 6 months and he said frozen about a year.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Hi, I have to ask another Mazuri question if anyone can bare it...
I have had some health issues and possibly will be gone for maybe a month at a time. My family will be stressed out big time and I have debated wether it's wise to keep my beloved torts (2 RF, 1 leopard, and 1 ornate) or not.I can't place them yet..
Whats the harm that could happen feeding ONLY mazuri for that long? (a month or so) I can say oh sure they'll get some greens, but worse case not? I am hoping things can wait till they are outside and things will be growing wonderfully in their pens. but life happens. I do give it now weekly or twice weekly. they do love it, the ornate will continue to get live food also, but the shopping and cutting all the other things are what are the work,(for others)
Thanks

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
No harm what so ever but only feed it once or twice a week or small amounts every day.

The once or twice a week is easier.

Nay said:
Hi, I have to ask another Mazuri question if anyone can bare it...
I have had some health issues and possibly will be gone for maybe a month at a time. My family will be stressed out big time and I have debated wether it's wise to keep my beloved torts (2 RF, 1 leopard, and 1 ornate) or not.I can't place them yet..
Whats the harm that could happen feeding ONLY mazuri for that long? (a month or so) I can say oh sure they'll get some greens, but worse case not? I am hoping things can wait till they are outside and things will be growing wonderfully in their pens. but life happens. I do give it now weekly or twice weekly. they do love it, the ornate will continue to get live food also, but the shopping and cutting all the other things are what are the work,(for others)
Thanks

S

stells

I agree this guy does need shooting... he says he will do something... days turn into weeks... weeks turn into months... months turn into years.. i did hold my breath for a while but i started going a funny shade of blue..

I was against these diets at first... was a weeds all the way kinda girl.. somebody changed my way of thinking.. hang on it was this guy that needs shooting lol... not that i have changed my diet yet... yes i am a wimp..

-EJ said:
I can imagine who this idiot is you are talking about... do you really think he knows what he is talking about?????
This might be the post...
http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=10222&highlight=formulated+diet
but the server seems to be screwed up.
...but then you have to ask why the lazy bum has not posted an update. That post is almost a year old.

The dude should be shot... if he is going to make all these claims he should at least follow through.

As to throwing his name around... who cares... it's been used in far worse context.

maggie3fan said:
I have always been absolutely against feeding my tortoises any commercially pelleted food products...

baseballturtle48

10 Year Member!
Southern California
For years some of my torts wouldn't touch Mazuri so I used it as an infrequent supplement for those that were interested. I try to pay attention to the discussions on various forums regarding diet for the species I have. After seeing the pictures of torts fed Mazuri long term, I decided to give it a larger role in the winter. I was surprised this year that all my tortoises will eat it now. They seem to love it and are really attracted to it. I've seen underweight tortoises regain their appetite and gain weight with Mazuri, but it was a struggle on greens. During the warmer months, they're all outside grazing on weeds, grasses, and wildflowers.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the forum, Baseballturtle48!

Yvonne

baseballturtle48 said:
For years some of my torts wouldn't touch Mazuri so I used it as an infrequent supplement for those that were interested. I try to pay attention to the discussions on various forums regarding diet for the species I have. After seeing the pictures of torts fed Mazuri long term, I decided to give it a larger role in the winter. I was surprised this year that all my tortoises will eat it now. They seem to love it and are really attracted to it. I've seen underweight tortoises regain their appetite and gain weight with Mazuri, but it was a struggle on greens. During the warmer months, they're all outside grazing on weeds, grasses, and wildflowers.

Status
Not open for further replies.