Recommedations on Diet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweetness_bug

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
MICHIGAN
I live in the north (we have harsh winters) fall summer and spring. I have a large Sulcata who is mostly indoors...Except some of the summer and spring. What do you recommend for a 40 pound sulcatta to be eating as a healthy diet? Just want to make sure i am on track here and maybee get a few suggestions.

I also have a Leopard and a russian as well. Any suggestions on food choices would be appreciated there as well.

The more knowledge i get the better mom I can be...thanks for you help Everyone :)

Sweetness_bug

5 Year Member
MICHIGAN
Yeah alot of the stuff listed on the site is hard to come by here. So i try as much as possible to mix it up the best i can. I give Green leaf, romain, Collard greens, Kale, Red leaf and alphalpha as greens. Once a week i throw in carrots, squash, zucchini,
and then once a week apple.
THen about once every month strawberrys or prickled pear or mango.

He does tricks for strawberries lol...

maggie3fan said:
This is the best place for Sulcata and Leopard recommendations. I follow their advice...mostly!

http://africantortoise.com/[hr]

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
He's right in the middle of that point where they will or won't eat hay...still during the harsh winters, that's your best bet. I'll give them a head of escarole and a head of endive twice a week (during the colder months)...and you can't go wrong offering them some Mazuri and Grassland diet, either.

Sweetness_bug

5 Year Member
MICHIGAN
I am actually thinking about the mazuri diet...what is it exactly and how is it fed?

DeanS said:
He's right in the middle of that point where they will or won't eat hay...still during the harsh winters, that's your best bet. I'll give them a head of escarole and a head of endive twice a week (during the colder months)...and you can't go wrong offering them some Mazuri and Grassland diet, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.