Russian Tortoise Diet

Status
Not open for further replies.

R114

5 Year Member
Hello, I have a 3 month old Russian tortoise and I have a few questions about their diet. I've looked all over the web for a good foods to feed them. I know having a good variety is very important, so I went out and bought spring mix, mustard greens and kale. I also feed him/her the russian tortoise seed mix from carolina pet supply. I am new to caring for torts and just found out that feeding them kale/mustard greens on a regular basis can be harmful. So now I am stuck with just feeding him the seed mix and spring mix(with organic kale on occasion). I decided to buy some dandelion seeds, new zealand white clovers, and chicory seeds from carolina pet supply as well. I do not have a huge variety of foods available for my tort at my local grocery store, so I am wondering what I can do to balance out his diet. How often should I offer him kale, mustard greens, dandelions, clovers etc. For now I am going to stick with the seed and spring mix for the base of his diet I suppose.

R114 said:
Hello, I have a 3 month old Russian tortoise and I have a few questions about their diet. I've looked all over the web for a good foods to feed them. I know having a good variety is very important, so I went out and bought spring mix, mustard greens and kale. I also feed him/her the russian tortoise seed mix from carolina pet supply. I am new to caring for torts and just found out that feeding them kale/mustard greens on a regular basis can be harmful. So now I am stuck with just feeding him the seed mix and spring mix(with organic kale on occasion). I decided to buy some dandelion seeds, new zealand white clovers, and chicory seeds from carolina pet supply as well. I do not have a huge variety of foods available for my tort at my local grocery store, so I am wondering what I can do to balance out his diet. How often should I offer him kale, mustard greens, dandelions, clovers etc. For now I am going to stick with the seed and spring mix for the base of his diet I suppose.

I am also using the TNT supplement with probiotics, he tends to try and pick around the food which is sprinkled with it so I haven't been feeding it to him that often.

Status
Not open for further replies.