Really hard poop,...

Status
Not open for further replies.

IRTehDuckie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Utica. MI
So ted poops our really super hard poop, and A LOT of pee, from what i can see there is not a lot of white stuff in his pee either, i havent fed him anything different, he still eats the same amount, which is a lot, and he still eats a variety, he does get a calcium supplement but not a lot, maybe 3 times a week. He is mostly constantly in the sun, and he is ALWAYS warm..

we live in san diego and it has been cold and rainy the past 4 days almost.. could that be why? he hasnt gotten a lot of sun the past couple days..

Maybe its nothing, but ive never seen his poop hard like that.. I recently started feeding him some timothy hay.. could that be the cause too? because its almost the same green color. just really super hard.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Try soaking more often, rehydrating the hay before you feed it, and spraying the food with water before they eat it.

It is likely that the dry hay is the cause of the change. A lower activity level due to the cold weather could contribute to it.

IRTehDuckie

5 Year Member
Utica. MI
it has me worried.. ill give him a good bath right now =] and ill see how it goes. thanks!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Add some wet greens to his diet for a while. That should loosen him up a bit. Cactus too.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Ooh good idea Yvonne. Aloe too, if you've got it.

IRTehDuckie

5 Year Member
Utica. MI
So, just a quick update.. I did soak Ted a few times the last couple days and he seems to be back to his regular self =]

so thanks for the advice guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.