Real... or Fake...

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I saw a ghost in broad daylight around 25 years ago. I was sober. I saw a guy walk from my bedroom into another bedroom. The only other person in the house was my sister, in the kitchen.

My aunt's house was scary as heck. I lived there for a few years.
Sounds very familiar. (I believe you.)

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
Sounds very familiar. (I believe you.)
My nan has one in her house.
A man, he walks accords their hallway upstairs and into my uncles room.

My mum said (when she lived there) that she once heard the door slam shut (the door is really stuff and won't slam) then to look up and see him.

She said it wasn't scary.
I, however am terrified of seeing one.

There has been many other strange encounters that I believe, but others may disagree.

My dad doesn't believe in them. I don't see why not.

TMartin510

Fremont, California
I think the Mermaids did exist.

Have you watched the real mermaid documentary?

They found several bones that did not fit to any other animal.
And think about it, on the cave wall drawings, many, if not all have mermaids in. Were they all just imagining themselves with tails? Quite some coincidence if they were.
Very interesting, I'm going to look for that documentary.

TMartin510

Fremont, California
My family has generations worth of ghost stories. Maybe for another time?
I myself am very on the fence about ghosts being real.
And yes. I've had two unusual encounters too. Not saying it was ghosts. That would be a stretch.
They would be very interesting to hear when you have the time or feel like telling a story!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
There was a fake thing on Discovery Channel about a year ago about mermaids being discovered. Pretty cheesy.
People have been faking mermaids since at least the 19th century, when monkeys, cats and fish were sown together to make attractions.
A couple of docufictions about mermaids have been released by the Discovery Channel.
Some children are born with their legs fused together and are 'real' mermaids, it's a genetic deformity, not too uncommon.
Also animals like the manatee and the dugong have been said to be the source of the legends.
Drunk sailors who haven't seen a woman in many months at sea, may have got rather confused and desperate.

jeffjeff

5 Year Member
cumbria england
I believe there are things still to be found or confirmed. It would be a boring old world if we had discovered every thing. For me not knowing for sure is half the fun in these things. my views on them are

Mermaid: fake
Bigfoot: fake
Lochness: fake
Megalodon: real but extinct
Ghosts: undecided .
Aliens: possible but why they would travel billions of miles and not make contact or do any thing I don't know.
giant Squid: real

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Bigfoot may also be real and extinct. For quite a long time.
Gigantopithicus?
Not very likely in my opinion.
Popular folklore from around the world is full of stories of giants, ogres, yeti, trolls etc, and may possibly be a race memory or just a need for this type of legend in myth.
Gigantopithecus lived entirely in Asia from about 9 million years ago to only just over 100,000 years ago, but during that time it's people were forced back further east into Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, until finally they hung on for the last few million years only in China before becoming extinct.
Homo sapiens sapiens would have met them as they and other hominids migrated eastwards, so maybe the stories passed down come from this ancient time.
How they would have got to America is unclear to me and the evidence to suggest a breeding population is not there.
Myth, in my opinion.

Lexiii

CT
I like to go to places that are "haunted" because it's exciting. If I ever see another I will wuss out for sure.