Real... or Fake...

TMartin510

Location (City and/or State)
Fremont, California
So ima start a little off topic chat. Me and my brother just have been lookin up legends and mythical creatures ones that have "sightings" or even Ghost hunt/Adventures.

So feel free to post your opinions and the best evidence you can find if you feel like searching. And whether you think they are real or fake.

Mermaids(apparently recently found)
Big-foot
Loch-ness Monster
Megladon Shark
Ghost sightings
Aliens (Area 51)
Giant squid ( recently found - Maybe considered a Kraken?)
And anything else you can think of, or feel like there could be a chance to exsist.
! Enjoy your day all!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Megalodon was a real animal, a now extinct species of huge shark.
The teeth can be found here in Morocco, for a start.
It became extinct at the end of the Pliocene, about 2.6 million years ago.
Rumours of it's continued existence are, in my opinion, exaggerated to say the least.

TMartin510

Fremont, California
Megalodon was a real animal, a now extinct species of huge shark.
The teeth can be found here in Morocco, for a start.
It became extinct at the end of the Pliocene, about 2.6 million years ago.
Rumours of it's continued existence are, in my opinion, exaggerated to say the least.
I agree, but I also feel that the ocean is so big and unexplored that it could be possible that there are huge creatures out there like that if not the same shark. The under water vids only show a fin, it could have been any shark.

TMartin510

Fremont, California
I feel the giant squid, the loch ness and megladon are real. up in the air about ghost. All others not true. I have no proof or research.

Have you seen the vid from animal planet I think it was with them under the submarine? I heard they made it up for veiwers though but if it was accually real that would be crazy. I remember watching one ghost show and they went down into a basement and a brick flew up to ceiling and you heard hella echoes. And there reactions seemed real which is prob the only episode I could believe, but who knows alot of people make stuff up. But I think that one made the news. Loch Ness is probably out there, being a giant type of fish or something definatley think it could be possible. Maybe not how it's been described though. What about big foot? Apparently there's been tons of sightings

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
When I was a child, I visited Loch Ness a few times and looked for Nessie. (just as a tourist)
As I grew older, i started to search for a plesiosaur.
Then realized it must be a breeding group of whatever they weres.
And then I came to understand it was a tourist trap set up by the local monks and villagers.
Not real, i'm afraid, there are people watching the Loch 24 hours a day with sophisticated equipment and........nothing.

TMartin510

Fremont, California
When I was a child, I visited Loch Ness a few times and looked for Nessie. (just as a tourist)
And then I came to understand it was a tourist trap set up by the local monks and villagers.
Not real, i'm afraid, there are people watching the Loch 24 hours a day with sophisticated equipment and........nothing.
Definatley makes sense! Did you enjoy it there?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I think I want it to be real more then I probably believe it's real. I too don't think it's what they picture it as, but would still like it to be a prehistoric something that has survived.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I think I want it to be real more then I probably believe it's real. I too don't think it's what they picture it as, but would still like it to be a prehistoric something that has survived.
As a paleontologist I would love it to be a prehistoric survivor, a "living fossil" more than anything.
And megalodon.
And Jurassic Park.
But they're not.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Right, some say what people accually saw may be up to a 600 pound catfish, they have a picture of a 280 pound one and it was huge!
Nothing that size, or anywhere near has ever been caught in the UK, but I suppose it's not impossible.

TMartin510

Fremont, California
Nothing that size, or anywhere near has ever been caught in the UK, but I suppose it's not impossible.

Hmmm maybe not caught, but I read that someone's sonar picked up something huge to be that size or near in that lake only like once or twice so if it is true it's definatley rare.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
xfiwtb-jpg.143302

Attachments

• xfiwtb.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 63

Lexiii

CT
I saw a ghost in broad daylight around 25 years ago. I was sober. I saw a guy walk from my bedroom into another bedroom. The only other person in the house was my sister, in the kitchen.

My aunt's house was scary as heck. I lived there for a few years.