Real Cherry Heads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defiant

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I am talking to a breeder in FL. He says $160 shipped for a cherry head. He sent me some pictures but I cannot tell. He also sent me some pics of older ones but they look more like regular redfoots to me. Help please Thank you

t_mclellan

10 Year Member!
Gilchrist Co., Florida
The last photo showing the marbling & nose, That's a CH.
The others I would need head & plastron photos of.
There are a several "Breeders" here in Fl. 1 of which I know only has CH's.
If you pm the name I might know or could find out.
Or ask cdmay.

Chewbecca

5 Year Member
60 miles south of Chicago
Ask the breeder to flip them over onto their backs and snap some shots of the plastrons for you.
Then post them here.
We'll then tell you if they are cherryheads.:D

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
They look like cherrys .... but like some other folks said .. a bottom shot would be helpful. Cherrys have a much darker ( marlbled to almost solid black) ... plastron. Although there are a few new " morphs" hitting the scene this year. I myself expecting some " exciting colors" . From both cherrys and clown reds" Iam new to this forum myself and will try and post some pics for you...Of adult cherrys and Juvey's to give you insight to what everyone is telling you
jeff~
2.2 Cherrys
1.3 Reds
1.1 Leopards
1.1 Sulcutta
5 red ears
1 box
and Miss Sally The U2 .. aka Cockatoo!

Here is a shot of my Alpa Males bottom.... My Alpha Female and one of a Juvey . and finally a " regular " redfoot. Hope this helps ...
Jeff~
tortoisecove.com
ALPHAMALE CHERRY.JPGAdult Cherry Female Bottom.JPGJUVCHERRY.JPGJUVFRED.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

t_mclellan

10 Year Member!
Gilchrist Co., Florida
Clowns are what some people call a type of Colombian Redfoots.
One farm actually lists them that way.
Many have red orange & yellow on their heads & bold red legs.
Many have been shipped from farms in Colombia over the last 10 or so years.
Some keep the striking colors into adulthood and are amazing! Others lose much of the head color but still are very nice animals.

Defiant

5 Year Member
Arizona
The breeder is sending me plastron pics today. I will post them as soon as I get them. Thank you N2TORTS those pictures gave me the difference I was looking for.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Chewbecca said:
What are clown reds?

Here is a cool pic of " our clowns" ... when was the last time you saw this much color with perfect symetrical " White" scales abouve the eye? ... I have only seen one other and not even as defined as this jr. male. Sorta Neato eh ? Second picture is of my Alpha Female Cherry .... By the way ... how does one post a pic on here ... so it pops up in the actual Thread page" ... not just clicking on link?.. thanks for any advice ..
The Clowns are Columbo's and really just a nick name .. for there extreme colors .. and Pics say it all .... ELVISSUPERRED2010.JPGFemChrry1.JPG
JD ~
2.2 Cherrys
1.3 Reds
1.1 Leopards
1.1 Sulcutta
5 red ears
1 box
and Miss Sally The U2 .. aka Cockatoo!

Last edited by a moderator:

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
emysemys said:

Eee gads ... No wonder Iam Not a PC geek ... just a tort freak ! .. Ive tried those directions ... even printing them out ... Iam just trying to up load from my hard drive .. ( the second part of your instructions) .. but when I hit enter post ... it just sends a link to the page .... for you all to click on ? I just tried it ... heck this stuff is confusing .. what am I missing ? ... ( grin) .. thanks for your help ! ! I just tried it and yes .. the link s there to click on for folks to check it out .. but no actual... pic? ... Do i need that photobucket service ???
JD ~

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yes. You have to get an account with either Photobucket or Tinypic. Then you put your pictures there then copy/paste the IMG code under the picture. When you paste it into your post, it shows up as the IMG numbers, however, when you click on "post reply" it changes the numbers to the picture.

Chewbecca

5 Year Member
60 miles south of Chicago
Stephanie Logan said:
Chewbecca said:
What are clown reds?

Why are you asking? Does teh Tortimus know you are on here looking at photos of other tortoises? :cool:

For shame.

:D hahahaha.
Stagger is an only tortoise (as much as Terry K. keeps trying to convince me that I NEED to get him a friend).
I think he is happy that way. His enclosure is all his own. His food is all his own.
And his food dispenser (me) is all his own.
I think he likes life the way it is.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.