Re-Introduction :)

avelovestorts

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Hello y'all!

It has been well over a year since I've posted anything on here, and wanted to get back involved.

So.. I'm Avery, and my Sulcata is Ernie! Ernie is almost 2 and just above 3 lbs.:tort:
29yqhaf.jpg

My parents graciously let me use a part of our backyard landscaping as his outdoor enclosure. I keep him out there only during the day and bring him into a smaller heated enclosure at night. He has a terra cotta pot as a hide (hard to see in the picture), but he prefers his own burrow to get shade. I'm wanting to plant a tortoise seed mix in there, but I don't know how I'd get it to grow because he'll eat anything green in his reach. Any tips on how to do that?
23k5avp.jpg

I took this picture from the second story of my home.

Glad to be back:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
...and we're glad to have you back!

What you do is fence it in half with some sort of temporary fence. Keep the tortoise on one half while the seeds are growing on the other half. Then do the same thing with the other half once the plantlets are established.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello,and Welcome back. You can also start seeds out in seed trays and then switch them out as he eats them. You can also plant them in his enclosure once they are established.

avelovestorts

5 Year Member
Texas
...and we're glad to have you back!

What you do is fence it in half with some sort of temporary fence. Keep the tortoise on one half while the seeds are growing on the other half. Then do the same thing with the other half once the plantlets are established.
Awesome. Sounds easy too. I'm going to try that ASAP! Thank you.

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Welcome back! Ernie looks awesome!

May, Aussies, & THBs
IG: @AUSSOMEAUSSIES