Quick question about homing multiple

Edizzle888

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas
So I have two sullys around 7/months that are kept separate. When they get larger I will obviously put them in the yard..,would it be ok to keep them together if I buy a third? Or best just keep them separate permanently?

Edizzle888

5 Year Member
Las Vegas
That way I will buy the third real soon to keep them around the same age.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Any new one will need to be quarantined for months, meaning a THIRD enclosure. To not do so is a pretty big gamble.

This will depend on their sexes. Three females will probably all get along fine. Two or three males and you are likely to see combat, in addition to the low level chronic stress.

I would not keep sulcatas in a pair ever.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I would advise against a third. too many variables to plan for. Plus how big is your yard

Edizzle888

5 Year Member
Las Vegas
I would not put them together for around a year and a half and only as 3. But since I wouldn't be able to tell the sex for a while....your right not worth the gamble.

nextep

If you are going to get 3 then I advise you split your yard into 3, only if you have enough space. But if you have all females then maybe it will be ok to house them together, although I wouldn't risk it

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You can try it, however you'll need to do it on a day you have plenty of time to spend watching them. The best way is to introduce them in neither's yard. So you'll need a third yard, no matter if you get a third tortoise or not. That way neither tortoise will be trying to get the other out of "his" territory, as it will be a neutral territory.