Quick check

Kaylin99

Location (City and/or State)
London
Hi, could someone double check whether my little guy looks okay. I got him a few days ago and since then he’s been eating and I think drinking (I give daily soaks) but he doesn’t seem to do much, yawns quite a bit.

He will wake up in the morning whether that’s naturally or me putting him by his food and eat, does a couple circuits of the enclosure, maybe bask for 20mins then goes and burrows back to bed, is that normal?

I’ll be getting him a bigger better house soon but want to double check he is just getting used to his new home and isn’t poorly

8DFFF212-BA9F-447C-A67C-986DC3FC15EF.jpeg03D4E39C-9191-45B2-B150-BE46F69BD1CF.jpeg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Aw, he's just a little baby!

Get ourself a temperature gun and check the temperature all over the whole enclosure. I'm thinking he's not warm enough. If they're not warm enough they don't eat or move much.

Kaylin99

London
Aw, he's just a little baby!

Get ourself a temperature gun and check the temperature all over the whole enclosure. I'm thinking he's not warm enough. If they're not warm enough they don't eat or move much.

Hi thank you for your response, I’ll order one today. In the meantime the hot end of the enclosure is mid-late 90f as I tried bumping up the temp a bit.

Also I hear a weird noise occasionally when he pops into his shell. I hear this can be a sign of respiratory disease although I can’t see that he has a snotty nose.

I will take him to the vets once the current global madness is over but just wanted to double check he isn’t screaming unwell