Questions from Nora

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nina Lannan

5 Year Member
Hi there, I adopted Otis from the Broadway show Jerusalem which closed on Aug 21st so he has been with me on the Upper West Side of Manhattan for a week. All well and good and the staff of the lovely exotic pet story nearby havebeen helpful. A question - he stopped eating yesterday and spent all of the day under his log - why? The day prior he ate, I gave him a warm bath, he walked around the kitchen seemingly happy. This morning I turned on his lamp, gave him some fresh greens and again, he ignored them and went back under his log. Could he have been bothered by the pressure of the recent tropical storm? Or is this normal? Will he eat every day? I'll post a picture as soon as I can. He is probably about 3 to 4 years old, eyes clear. Thanks for any info. Nina

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Hi Nora and welcome! I split your post off into it;s own thread, I hope that was okay.

What kind is Otis? Yes, the weather may have bothered him. It may also be the stress of his new environment. Can you also tell us how you have his habitat set up. What temperatures and such. It will help us a lot.:)

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest Washington
yes, definitely give more info about your enclosure: even pics can help. substrate, temps on the warm/cool side, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.