How'd that get there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington
Today I woke up and went to the tort table to check on Trevor. Turns out not only had he been up to the top of his log this morning (he's 2 in. and the log is probably 6 in. high), but he had pooped up there! He's being very adventurous lately. Loves climbing on everything. He made it down safely too.

He's also been going in his water dish every day on his own since I got one he can use. It leaks though so I have to exchange it.

galvinkaos

5 Year Member
Temple City, Ca
Sounds like you have an explorer/adventurer on your hands. Your gonna have to try to stay 1 step ahead of him. :D

Dawna

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Yeah I'm still coming up with new ideas for him. I got him a little container of coconut husk chips to play in. Just sunk the container into the aspen and he keeps walking through it, wondering what is going on. He sure tried to eat them at first but finally figured out they didn't taste very good! He keeps doing laps around his enclosure. Looks like we'll have to consider an expansion after awhile (the little guy has 8 sq ft right now already). I wonder if he can sense I want it to be Spring so I can take him for a walk?

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Thats what Russian's do! Around and around, trying to get out.. it will drive you NUTS! be VERY careful taking him for a walk.. chemiclas on grass, Predators high and low.. and you turn your back for one second.. and GONE! They are quick little devils..

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Yeah I'm still deciding how to do it...whether I need to tie a little string around him (lol), put a cage of sorts over him, or place him in a container just to get the sun. We're in an apartment complex so I don't want him grazing on anything here. It would likely just be to get exercise and some sun. We don't get much summer sun/heat in Washington, but if he likes be outside I might set up a covered container for him out on the patio.

It's kinda funny to see him climbing the walls though. Poor bugger wore himself out and is napping now.

Status
Not open for further replies.