Pumpkin's New Outdoor Digs

SunnySideUp

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
I've made a lot of progress on Pumpkin's outdoor enclosure, so I figured I'd share some photos with you guys, though the area is not quite complete yet. The space is 8' x 8' with no less than four inches of top soil throughout. The height is 20". We had to order approximately a cubic yard of top soil to be delivered to our house to adequately fill the enclosure, which I'll tell you was no easy feat to tote around :p. The plants that I have planted so far are lavender, forget-me-nots, fountain grass, petunias, and coleus (I'm a big fan of perennials). I also just seeded some orchard grass that I purchased from Carolina Pet Supply.
Outdoor Enclosure 1.jpg

Outdoor Enclosure Rock Burrow.jpg

Rock Burrow!

Outdoor Enclosure Birdhouse.jpg

Outdoor Enclosure Fountain Grass.jpg

Until the plants and grass fill in, I have a couple of boards that I'm using to create more shade. I've just kept them off for now so the grass can grow.

Outdoor Enclosure Small Shade.jpg

Outdoor Enclosure Large Shade.jpg

I still have a few things that I want to purchase, such as a half log and a couple of those bendy bridges from Petco. Please tell me what you think of my work so far ;)

justino4444

5 Year Member
Looks great! It will be awesome when the grass grows in!

~ Justin

justino4444

5 Year Member
Thank you very much :D Oh, I agree! The grass will make all the difference. I can't wait until it's all lush and jungle-like.
Please post pics when it grows in it will look so good! And good luck to you

~ Justin

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
You've done a great job. I like the idea of capping the corners anyway, shimmying up a wood corner is often an escape route for them.
Well done!

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
You've done a great job. I like the idea of capping the corners anyway, shimmying up a wood corner is often an escape route for them.
Well done!
My outdoor home for my russian has walls 20'' tall, and my tort CLIMBED UP THEM. He didn't actually get out, but after that it was time for capped corners!
Looks nice. Grass will make a big difference.