Protein

PatC

Location (City and/or State)
Baton Rouge, LA
I know it’s best to wait 6 months to offer fruit once a week. Do you begin to offer protein immediately (2 1/2 month old) or do I need to wait?

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I know it’s best to wait 6 months to offer fruit once a week. Do you begin to offer protein immediately (2 1/2 month old) or do I need to wait?
I don't know where you heard to wait 6 months for fruit? I never heard of that. I've fed fruit multiple times a week since my hatchling was born and I feed protein once a week.

PatC

Baton Rouge, LA
I don't know where you heard to wait 6 months for fruit? I never heard of that. I've fed fruit multiple times a week since my hatchling was born and I feed protein once a week.

Great. I will plan to start fruit this week. What kinds do you find are best?

MysticCaribou

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sweet Home Chicago
I feed a tiny bit of fruit every day along with greens and other vegetables. I feed protein every few days. I’ve done this for 3 years so far and started when I first got her at a month old.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Great. I will plan to start fruit this week. What kinds do you find are best?
Best fruit in my opinion is Papaya. My torts love it and it grows in their natural range. I also feed strawberry, blueberry, melon, pineapple, guava, tomato, plantains, and on occasion banana. They go nuts for banana but too often and that's all they'll wanna eat.

PatC

Baton Rouge, LA
Best fruit in my opinion is Papaya. My torts love it and it grows in their natural range. I also feed strawberry, blueberry, melon, pineapple, guava, tomato, plantains, and on occasion banana. They go nuts for banana but too often and that's all they'll wanna eat.

Thanks. I love reading the posts here and appreciate y’all sharing your wisdom with us!