Prolapse?

Babbymint

5 Year Member
I've currently got one of my torts soaking as I've noticed today that she has a pea sized pink lump poking out of her tail.
I soaked her earlier and put gentle pressure on and it went back in, but after a few hours in the garden it's come back out again.
I can try to get hold of a vet tomorrow, but any advice please? TY

image2.jpegimage3.jpeg

Babbymint

5 Year Member
hi, she is 10 now - I have two from the same clutch, and I'm 99% certain that this one has laid eggs - twice now...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
She could be constipated or about to lay eggs. Internal pressure is causing that to happen. Add additional heat and warm soaks to see if you can relieve the pressure.

Reactions: Tom

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
hi, she is 10 now - I have two from the same clutch, and I'm 99% certain that this one has laid eggs - twice now...
What size enclosure and what do you normally feed? Do they live together? What substrate is the tortoise on?

Babbymint

5 Year Member
They live in an outside enclosure, a mix of topsoil, grass and weeds which they feed from. Because its still chilly at night, they come in to a table, but when it warms a little they stay outside. They are fridge hibernated for about 3 months. They do live together but the enclosure is large and they keep themselves apart. I'm pretty sure they're both female, this one has laid eggs.