Prolapse?

Dcatalano

Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
I soaked my Russian this morning and he pooped in the water. When I took him out to dry him off, I noticed this. What can I do? I can try to reach a vet but likely not until Monday, as I am not aware of one who sees reptiles that has weekend hours/emergency vet.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 4E5DC422-0324-4CD7-BC66-DB363D7184C4.jpeg
    4E5DC422-0324-4CD7-BC66-DB363D7184C4.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 91

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
I soaked my Russian this morning and he pooped in the water. When I took him out to dry him off, I noticed this. What can I do? I can try to reach a vet but likely not until Monday, as I am not aware of one who sees reptiles that has weekend hours/emergency vet.
Thanks in advance.
That is your tortoises penis. Is he able to retract it or is it stuck outside of his tail? If he can put it back in, everything is ok. It’s very common for them to show off their parts while being soaked.

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
Thanks in advance.
I believe your male is just exposing himself to you, I believe that is his penis. Just allow him to soak and I believe he will bring it back in when he's finished cleaning, just give him some time in the warm water and keep it moist. It looks normal to me.

Dcatalano

Colorado
Eek! I had no idea! We suspected Gaby was a boy but now we know!!
I checked and it’s back in now. whew.
He’s doing a wiggly dance move in circles on his slate tile in his basking spot. I feel like I need to hang some curtains to give him privacy. ?

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
He’s doing a wiggly dance move in circles on his slate tile in his basking spot. I feel like I need to hang some curtains to give him privacy. ?
Well congratulations! You have all the confirmation you need now ?. Just wait until you see the whole thing o_O I have a 2 year old Hermann’s tortoise who found his boy parts in January. I soak him everyday and every single day, without fail he flashes his bits.

Dcatalano

Colorado
Well congratulations! You have all the confirmation you need now ?. Just wait until you see the whole thing o_O I have a 2 year old Hermann’s tortoise who found his boy parts in January. I soak him everyday and every single day, without fail he flashes his bits.
Whole thing? I don’t know. I was worried about him seeing this much! ?
He’s definitely got spring fever and has been a bit aggressive, even though he’s normally pretty laid back.

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
My Sucata like to rub his butt on something when he's enjoying himself.

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
Whole thing? I don’t know. I was worried about him seeing this much! ?
He’s definitely got spring fever and has been a bit aggressive, even though he’s normally pretty laid back.
Same here! My tortoise went from a sweet and calm little guy to an aggressive raging lunatic seemingly over night. I’m hoping in time his hormones will settle down. It’s been kind of hard on my heart seeing how aggressive he’s become towards me.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Same here! My tortoise went from a sweet and calm little guy to an aggressive raging lunatic seemingly over night. I’m hoping in time his hormones will settle down. It’s been kind of hard on my heart seeing how aggressive he’s become towards me.
Well, take it as a compliment. He probably thinks you're hot!!