Pretend Chat 2.14

tortoisetime565

Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma
Jacqui said:
tortoisetime565 said:
I found the cheapest Eco earth at lllreptile it's like 4.29 for 3 bricks. I'm about to go crazy on their site..

What is it, once you add in shipping?

Well I was gonna buy 3 sets of 3 blocks and it was 6.99 but when I threw in three wire lamps it dropped to 3.99.. So idk. But it's a really good website!!

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
LLLReptile is the best site for ordering supplies. All my supplies come from there, and occasionally Reptile Basics.

Jacqui said:
lisa127 said:
It's over now. I don't know how much we got, but it was the high winds, blowing and drifting that made it worse. We already have tons and tons of snow on the ground already though. Backing out of the drive is difficult because the piles on each side of my drive are taller than my husband.

It's been a lot of years, since we had any real major amounts of snow like it sounds like you have. The next bad thing is when it does get warmer you will have all the ice at night/early moring hours and water during the day to worry about. Floods. :(

Yes, we are supposed to get close to 50 degrees on Thursday with rain. They are predicting floods.

Barista5261

5 Year Member
Central Florida
ImageUploadedByTortForum1392743602.171129.jpg

Soup of the day! [TEACUP WITHOUT HANDLE][BEER MUG][CLINKING BEER MUGS]

Last edited by a moderator:

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Barista5261 said:
My herbal hay and seed mix are due to be delivered any time now from FedEx and I am incredibly impatient and I want to go stalk the delivery truck... I can't even imagine the anxiousness of those of you who have had your little ones delivered to you [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE]

I bought some herbal hay too :D mine is suppose to come in today too, so I will see if the kidlets will eat it. They would not touch the Timothy hay no matter what I mixed it with. I tried it for 3 weeks, no bueno. [DISAPPOINTED FACE]

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Tanks.
I was hoping to be good to go today so I could maybe be home early on Thursday, but I suppose not. Hopefully today I can get some stuff done.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Did you have some more pedi lite :D

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
I drank the one I was using to soak the little rescue in :cool: Don't tell her. She might get mad. The stuff tastes nasty. It says "Flavorless".. Hahaha NOT.

Barista5261

5 Year Member
Central Florida
Did you try rehydrating the Timothy hay? I take scissors and cut it up into REALLY tiny pieces, rehydrate it, then mix it up with their regular greens so it sticks to the greens and they are none the wiser [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hello ever-buddy! *** said with a southern drawl***

It's a little overcast today, so the inside of the house isn't warming up and I'm sitting here freezing my you-know-what off.

I went to the Dr. this a.m. and had my blood pressure checked. 120/80! Whoo hoo! I'm good for another three months. He checks me every three months because I'm on a beta blocker for irregular heart beat.

I stopped at the store on the way home and bought a fresh loaf of sour dough bread. M-m-m-m. Love me some sour dough bread with hard butter.

I have the absolutely cutest great grand son in the whole world. Wish I had a scanner so I could show you his picture. I'll try to take a shot of it with my camera.....

02-18-14_zps616557dc.jpg

Cyrus! Can you imagine??? Well, when he gets older I guess "Cy" isn't too bad.

I just got a phone call from a guy who found a red ear slider walking up his driveway 2 years ago and they had had tortoises and box turtles in the past, so they put him in the back yard. He's calling me now because he says he can't get the turtle to eat. I said, "You mean for 2 years you haven't seen this turtle eat?" and he said that's right. So I patiently explained how he had a water turtle and the turtle can't swallow unless he's in water, yada yada. Why am I always so blown away when I hear stories like this? You'd think it wouldn't get to me anymore.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Good Morning!!!!!!Morning!!!!!!
It may not be "morning" for some you................So Good Afternoon.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Yvonne G said:
Hello ever-buddy! *** said with a southern drawl***

It's a little overcast today, so the inside of the house isn't warming up and I'm sitting here freezing my you-know-what off.

I went to the Dr. this a.m. and had my blood pressure checked. 120/80! Whoo hoo! I'm good for another three months. He checks me every three months because I'm on a beta blocker for irregular heart beat.

I stopped at the store on the way home and bought a fresh loaf of sour dough bread. M-m-m-m. Love me some sour dough bread with hard butter.

I have the absolutely cutest great grand son in the whole world. Wish I had a scanner so I could show you his picture. I'll try to take a shot of it with my camera.....

02-18-14_zps616557dc.jpg

I just got a phone call from a guy who found a red ear slider walking up his driveway 2 years ago and they had had tortoises and box turtles in the past, so they put him in the back yard. He's calling me now because he says he can't get the turtle to eat. I said, "You mean for 2 years you haven't seen this turtle eat?" and he said that's right. So I patiently explained how he had a water turtle and the turtle can't swallow unless he's in water, yada yada. Why am I always so blown away when I hear stories like this? You'd think it wouldn't get to me anymore.

You're right....you sure have a cute grandson! I can't wait for grandchildren. But I guess I should let my daughters finish college first!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I hate to quibble over semantics, but Cyrus is my GREAT grandson! ***Pardon me while I hobble with my cane over to my rocking chair***

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Re: RE: Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G said:

02-18-14_zps616557dc.jpg

Awwwwwwwwwwwww!

I too love sour dough. Its my favorite. :D

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Re: RE: Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G said:
I hate to quibble over semantics, but Cyrus is my GREAT grandson! ***Pardon me while I hobble with my cane over to my rocking chair***

But with every added generation there is a whole bunch of respect added!!!

I'm going to be a cousin again around next month- ish. :D I think they've named him Noah. I had a hamster named Noah, so I'm going to take credit :p

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Barista5261 said:
Soup of the day! [TEACUP WITHOUT HANDLE][BEER MUG][CLINKING BEER MUGS]

I'll pass.

GREATGrandma, he is sure is cute. :)