Pretend Chat 2.14

Stuart S.

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Paris, Texas
There were raspberries and fresh dandelion flowers this morning. They are tolerating our move fairly well. Only 2 of them seem stressed.

How big was yalls move? I'm moving 4,500 miles south in September and Spur will be getting shipped down ahead of time so I'm hoping he doesn't get too stressed!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I totally forgot to wish you guys a Happy Easter!!
We didn't celebrate it this year:(
I barely got the kids a basket.
We worked in our yard from dawn to dusk except for a quick sushi dinner and then came home to work some more.

What all did you do?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I have three straight overnights this week, could be interesting.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
What all did you do?

We worked on a gazillion sprinklers and rewired a bunch of stations.
Then worked a bit in the front space.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1492485311.197885.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1492485343.911931.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1492485363.370014.jpg

We are getting close. We need to take out the blocks and put poly sand under them.
We planted a nice blue agave today but I didn't get a pic. We put it on the left behind the palm.
Our friends dug it up from their yard and brought it over.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
How big was yalls move? I'm moving 4,500 miles south in September and Spur will be getting shipped down ahead of time so I'm hoping he doesn't get too stressed!

We moved 30 miles, the tedious part is that we had 10 days to move, repair the house and ready it for an inspection to buy. I have way too much stuff for this bull***t. I'm glad to be buying, never gonna move again.

M

Maggie Cummings

What do you want us to say, Maggie? Oh gosh! Don't leave. We'll chat with you. The chat thread isn't just about you, you know. A lot of us don't get any responses when we post. It all depends upon if what we've said strikes a nerve with someone else. I've posted lots of times when no one has responded. But that didn't mean I was going to take my toys and go home. You're the only one who responded to Jacqui's post about dinner with her family. No one responded to Gus. Russian/sulcata/tortoise's nice picture of a snapping turtle didn't get any responses. No one is ignoring you. It's just that what you said makes anyone afraid to respond. No one wants to hurt your feelings.
I know you feel moving to Oregon was a mistake, but it's a done deal. Now you just have to tighten your belt and live with it. Until you win the lottery and have enough money to do anything you want to do, your stuck with it, gal.

Yeah, I can imagine that strangers are afraid of me. That's stupid. I pretty much thought Jacqui was teasing me so I thought I was teasing back.I'm moving within a couple of months, I'm selling my house and car.I am not stuck here and I am being harassed by Byron. I know you evidently are irritated by anything I say. But don't worry I'm not going back to Fresno. It's funny, Mike talks about him closing the chat. You don't talk to him the way you do to me. In fact you are treating me like I was your older sister. I seem to irritate you no matter what I say. And I'm tired of you insulting me and putting me down in front of a lot of strangers.
I want one of the moderators to remove ALL my photos of Bob. I want no part of me or him left here to be insulted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stuart S.

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Paris, Texas
We moved 30 miles, the tedious part is that we had 10 days to move, repair the house and ready it for an inspection to buy. I have way too much stuff for this bull***t. I'm glad to be buying, never gonna move again.

Yeah after this transcontinental endeavor, I think we're done too :)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
It's raining, so I guess instead of yardwork, it's sleeping for me.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
There were raspberries and fresh dandelion flowers this morning. They are tolerating our move fairly well. Only 2 of them seem stressed.

You've moved already?