Pretend Chat 2.14

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Yes, but in the meantime, other jobs keep turning up. It's a never-ending battle. I'm finished outside for the day but I got a lot done. The front outside the fence is starting to look pretty presentable!

:)

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
There are not enough hours in the day. SO MANY THINGS TO DO!

....and somehow more money going out than coming in. Drat.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I thought it must be very humid here today, because I'm sticky. The temp outside is 99F, but my cooler usually works pretty good in the house. But I feel sticky! Even my hands feel dirty. I'm going to go get the water spritzer and use it on me!

We need to find you a boyfriend who enjoys the outdoors;)

While it would be nice to have a "pool boy," I'm too selfish to share my time with anyone. I like being alone.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm incensed! A woman at the Cincinnati Zoo was so busy taking selfies that she wasn't watching her kids. The toddler went under the fence, across the planted area and climbed or fell down into the moat surrounding the gorilla enclosure. The male gorilla came over and was actually inspecting the kid nicely, but then he started dragging him around in the water by his foot. The zoo folks shot the gorilla (dead). Now the mother is saying she's going to sue the zoo.

In my opinion, SHE'S the one culpable. She ought to be sued. It's her responsibility to watch those kids, not the zoo people. The zoo ought to sue her for them having to kill an endangered animal because she wasn't watching her kids.

The zoo did the right thing. A human life comes before an endangered animal, but that mother makes me want to grab her and shake her.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I had not heard that the woman wanted to sue the zoo. What exactly would her case be? If the zoo had not shot the Garella she'd be suing them also. I think The zoo did the right thing. He was going to kill that kid whether by accident or on purpose. People never seem to take responsibility for their actions. They don't watch their kids. I'm sorry that the gorilla is dead, definitely not the outcome you want.
Witnesses said that before the video started the gorilla had thrown the kid up against that cement wall. And he was dragging into a spot where nobody could get to him. He was just a wild animal doing what they do. The mother should feel guilty that an animal is dead and thankful that her son was not seriously hurt, not be looking for money.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
I thought it must be very humid here today, because I'm sticky. The temp outside is 99F, but my cooler usually works pretty good in the house. But I feel sticky! Even my hands feel dirty. I'm going to go get the water spritzer and use it on me!

While it would be nice to have a "pool boy," I'm too selfish to share my time with anyone. I like being alone.
Do you have a pool?

Myroli

I'm incensed! A woman at the Cincinnati Zoo was so busy taking selfies that she wasn't watching her kids. The toddler went under the fence, across the planted area and climbed or fell down into the moat surrounding the gorilla enclosure. The male gorilla came over and was actually inspecting the kid nicely, but then he started dragging him around in the water by his foot. The zoo folks shot the gorilla (dead). Now the mother is saying she's going to sue the zoo.

In my opinion, SHE'S the one culpable. She ought to be sued. It's her responsibility to watch those kids, not the zoo people. The zoo ought to sue her for them having to kill an endangered animal because she wasn't watching her kids.

The zoo did the right thing. A human life comes before an endangered animal, but that mother makes me want to grab her and shake her.
I had heard that the gorilla was trying to save the kid from drowning in the water, I think they should have just shot him with tranquilizer, not killed an innocent animal just because of the mother not paying attention to her kid, I also heard that she's had her kids taken away by cps twice for neglect, if that's true she shouldn't have had them there to begin with. Just my opinion.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Everybody makes a mistake watching their kids . I was watching my youngest son one time while guys where black topping the road. Turned away for one second ,and he ran on the road an burned his feet . First mistake was not putting his shoes on . Yes the mother should've paid more attention . But that happens to the best of us. I don't like that they killed the gorilla ,but it's better than it killing the boy . It could've happened to anyone of us . Some of the most well behaved kids do things stupidly sometimes . This mistake cost a beautiful animal it's life .

Last edited:

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I had heard that the gorilla was trying to save the kid from drowning in the water, I think they should have just shot him with tranquilizer, not killed an innocent animal just because of the mother not paying attention to her kid, I also heard that she's had her kids taken away by cps twice for neglect, if that's true she shouldn't have had them there to begin with. Just my opinion.
Well, if dragging him around through the water is saving him from drowning then maybe he was trying to help the boy.:) tranquilizers don't work immediately and often make that animal mad when they first get hit by it. Might have made things worse.
I agree that kids can get away from even the best of parents. But good parents would have felt bad, not blame other people and looked for a lawyer. It's a sad situation all around. No matter what the zoo officials would have done somebody would complain and blame them. It was a no-win situation.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hey, Steven! Another hot one today? It was 99F here yesterday.
We were at 94F yesterday, Today will be some what similar. All the outside torts are all hide under the shade all day.

I hope no outside work for you today. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We were at 94F yesterday, Today will be some what similar. All the outside torts are all hide under the shade all day.

I hope no outside work for you today. :)

No, I'm taking my daughter to the hospital for her treatment. I'll be doing that every Wednesday for 4 more weeks.
I may just drop her off then go back and pick her up. They'll let me know when we get there. If that's the case, I'll work a bit more on my 'project.'

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
No, I'm taking my daughter to the hospital for her treatment. I'll be doing that every Wednesday for 4 more weeks.
I may just drop her off then go back and pick her up. They'll let me know when we get there. If that's the case, I'll work a bit more on my 'project.'
Hope your daughter is now better.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hope your daughter is now better.

She feels pretty drawn out for a couple days after the treatment, very tired, but she goes back to work and muddles through. This treatment is way better than chemo, and she's not going to lose her hair. That's the good part.