Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
You're not that old David. Where do you get all these ancient references?

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
No kitties...

I get to drive an hour back to the house again today because the HVAC guy didn't have all the stuff he needed. Oops.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I grew up on Tom and Jerry, Flintstones, Hanna Barbera, &Looney Tunes excetera excetera excetera and I'm normal. sort of

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
or mayonnaise! I love me some really fresh bread slathered with Best Foods mayonnaise!

Gag....unless this is the fountain of youth I'll pass! My grandma loved mayo egg and onion sandwiches.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Because the Zilla plugs into the socket on 3 prongs, it is perfectly safe to add an adapter to the end of your heater to plug into the Zilla.

How exactly do you come to the conclusion? The adapters are meant to plug into 2 prong wall outlets, with them getting a ground connection via the screw that holds the plate on. Plugging it into the thermostat using the adapter does not accomplish the same thing.

jTqrx.jpg

http://diy.stackexchange.com/questi...ding-tab-wire-on-a-3-prong-to-2-prong-adapter

M

Maggie Cummings

That's exactly what I use on my trimmer and weed whacker. Works fine.....

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I stepped on one of those this morning. It was right on par with a lego.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
You don't have a ground path to your over current protection. What this means is you are risking a fire . The ground helps the breaker trip faster . Without the ground it could potentially not trip and turn the wire into a heat strip and burn your house down . With any animal you need to make sure everything is grounded properly. Animals are very sensitive to residual voltage. Just an FYI .

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
any native or transplanted Southern Californians remember Farrell's ice cream parlor?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
How exactly do you come to the conclusion? The adapters are meant to plug into 2 prong wall outlets, with them getting a ground connection via the screw that holds the plate on. Plugging it into the thermostat using the adapter does not accomplish the same thing.

View attachment 165012

http://diy.stackexchange.com/questi...ding-tab-wire-on-a-3-prong-to-2-prong-adapter

No, Cameron, the adapter would go on the Zilla's receptacle for the heater to plug into, not on the outlet on the wall. The Zilla is grounded - has a three prong plug for the wall outlet

Last edited:

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
when my wife sits around the house she really sits around the house. That's because she's average sized and the house is a dollhouse.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
No, Cameron, the adapter would go on the Zilla's receptacle for the heater to plug into, not on the outlet on the wall. The Zilla is grounded - has a three prong plug for the wall outlet
The reason why your thermostat only has two slots is because its designed for lighting fixtures . So you will need to get a three prong thermostat . That's why I build my own thermostats and wire all my enclosures myself . I don't buy all that crap from pet stores .

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
The reason why your thermostat only has two slots is because its designed for lighting fixtures . So you will need to get a three prong thermostat . That's why I build my own thermostats and wire all my enclosures myself . I don't buy all that crap from pet stores .

Thank you sir!