Pretend Chat 2.14

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
I don't know, me and my brother seem to be perpetually skinny. He once challenged me to eat three Belgian waffles (those absolutely ENORMOUS things) he won :rolleyes:

When my boys were young, dining out at a buffet meant seeing who could eat the most. Was amazing at times.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hi all! How do you like that cute tort with a cap on rather than an umbrella to protect itself from the rain?

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Can you volunteer some place?
Hi Jacqui.Thanks your question and your concern. Very nice of you.

I'm afraid I can't, the reason is that it would cost me: new clothes, hairdressing and most important...transportation/car expenses for a salary of liletrally....NOTHING! I just cannot afford it, though it would have been an idea.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I was so looking forward to a sunny morning, knowing the rain starts again this evening. Nope they decided the rain should start earlier in the day and we are spread all cloudy.

My plans had been more weedeating this am, then to town for lunch and to pick up another big bag of orchard grass seed with the plan of getting it down before the rains came.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi Jacqui.Thanks your question and your concern. Very nice of you.

I'm afraid I can't, the reason is that it would cost me: new clothes, hairdressing and most important...transportation/car expenses for a salary of liletrally....NOTHING! I just cannot afford it, though it would have been an idea.

Even to do something like working with children with something like artwork or a public garden?

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
I was so looking forward to a sunny morning, knowing the rain starts again this evening. Nope they decided the rain should start earlier in the day and we are spread all cloudy.

My plans had been more weedeating this am, then to town for lunch and to pick up another big bag of orchard grass seed with the plan of getting it down before the rains came.
The rain just just can't get enough of you!

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Chicago finally clear-up. Good time to take your tots outside for all Chicago torts! !! !

I enjoyed my visit this time. very productive at work and visited Barb. Great trip.

puffy137

Tidgy's eating lunch, wifey's panic packing and I'm checking on the weather at Tangier (northern Morocco) and Gibraltar.
Seems a bit windy, but ok for the copter to Tangier, however, I might make for Tarifa, south west Spain, rather than Gibraltar on the boat as it's a shorter crossing and the sea's a bit choppy.
Don't forget the passport.

puffy137

So this morning or last night, a group here was talking about how hard it is for them to fall asleep. Something I did in the past to help me was to visualize doing things I enjoyed. Really getting into the visual details of it. Some how I think this helps prepare the brain for that part it activity, dreaming. I think it's important not to have mental discussions with yourself while doing this. Even if it's just fantasy, it helps.
I have no problem whatsoever in falling asleep , just take a book or your kindle to bed. 5mins & snoooooze.