Pretend Chat 2.14

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
Ugh, my favorite female Redfoot just laid a pile of eggs, now I need to figure out if I'm going to figure out how to incubate them.
If you decide yes to incubate them, I've a Hova-Bator egg incubator you can borrow. I'll be up in Portland for the reptile show at the HolidayInn near PDX most all day. Let me know soon and I'll load it in the car.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I adopted out two more tortoises this a.m. I can see why people don't seem to listen to what you tell them. I tried to stress two VERY IMPORTANT things to these ladies - an elderly mother and her middle aged daughter, living in separate homes. Don't mix species and don't put two tortoises together. And I explained the why. However, I could actually physically SEE my words going in one ear and flying out the other. These ladies were SO excited to be adopting tortoises that they couldn't hear a word I said. I gave them care sheets, but who knows?

Now I just have the deformed RF, a deformed juvenile CDT and a large female CDT. It's a never ending battle to come up rescue-free. Get rid of two take in three - story of my life.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I adopted out two more tortoises this a.m. I can see why people don't seem to listen to what you tell them. I tried to stress two VERY IMPORTANT things to these ladies - an elderly mother and her middle aged daughter, living in separate homes. Don't mix species and don't put two tortoises together. And I explained the why. However, I could actually physically SEE my words going in one ear and flying out the other. These ladies were SO excited to be adopting tortoises that they couldn't hear a word I said. I gave them care sheets, but who knows?

Now I just have the deformed RF, a deformed juvenile CDT and a large female CDT. It's a never ending battle to come up rescue-free. Get rid of two take in three - story of my life.

I totally get it!
I just had another conversation with my friend who has two desert tortoises. She asked if I kept my four together and I said no because they're different species plus they're solitary animals who don't want a friend.
Guess what her response was?
Well, they're brother's!
I give up. Maybe these two work since they are 35 but still!
So frustrating!

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
Well, I made it home safely from running errands. Whew! So glad that's over for another week. I would love to be able to do all this stuff online and not have to EVER leave the house.
I'm with you. I've started ordering stuff from Walmart and having it delivered. Once you reach the minimum, the shipping is free. I only have to go to the grocery when we run out of milk.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California

Hopefully they will read the care sheets. DH can't remember things that are told to him verbally. He hates it when doctors give him instructions without writing it down. By the time he gets home, he can't remember a thing.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
She got lost and confused. Little things that don't go the way she thinks it should is triple anxiety compared to others.
She has Dyslexia and gets school anxiety.
She reads and tests at a 3rd grade level even though her IQ is pretty high.
I told her that nobody else knows she's lost. They just see a kid walking through the campus.

She also has a blocked schedule that is very confusing to her.
One day they go to 1,3,5 then 2,4,6.
Well, then your next odd day is 3,5,1 and 4,6,2. So she is worried about that too.

It broke my heart that she asked to be home schooled.
I can sympathize! When I was a child, I would keep replaying things that happened at school in my mind, and built them up to be more important than they were. I'm sure no one else remembered, but for me, it was terrible. My kids asked to be home schooled too. My son, especially, had a tough time going to school. Now that he is grown, he works at home and is very happy.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
If you decide yes to incubate them, I've a Hova-Bator egg incubator you can borrow. I'll be up in Portland for the reptile show at the HolidayInn near PDX most all day. Let me know soon and I'll load it in the car.

I'm down in Harrisburg, no expo for us today, we stayed up all night playing cards. I pulled them out of the hole because she didn't bury them so they are sitting in a Tupperware in the shade on the porch until i figure out what to do.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello Jacqui: I'm in China again. will return home in mid-Sep.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Hello Jacqui: I'm in China again. will return home in mid-Sep.

You've been working hard!!
My husband will be there for 2 weeks in September. He hopes it's not too hot and humid because it's miserable while walking the factory.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm with you. I've started ordering stuff from Walmart and having it delivered. Once you reach the minimum, the shipping is free. I only have to go to the grocery when we run out of milk.

My grand daughter in New Jersey does that. She hardly ever leaves her apartment. Even buys groceries online and has it delivered. I'd like to try it, but so far I'm chicken. I like to think I'm choosy about the brands, etc. But my G.D. says she gets good quality stuff.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hopefully they will read the care sheets. DH can't remember things that are told to him verbally. He hates it when doctors give him instructions without writing it down. By the time he gets home, he can't remember a thing.

That's why you should always go with him.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
You've been working hard!!
My husband will be there for 2 weeks in September. He hopes it's not too hot and humid because it's miserable while walking the factory.
It is hot and humid. There is no way out except stay in a A/C room. I know how it is, working in a factory without A/C. Sometime the temperature can be over 100's, not going to be a pleasant.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
My grand daughter in New Jersey does that. She hardly ever leaves her apartment. Even buys groceries online and has it delivered. I'd like to try it, but so far I'm chicken. I like to think I'm choosy about the brands, etc. But my G.D. says she gets good quality stuff.
It's easier in a big city. There are lots of grocery delivery services. I've ordered Crisco, cereal, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, detergent, etc. When you order online, you pick the exact item you want, including the brand. If you order from Amazon, and anything is damaged, you can call and they immediately give you a refund. It would be more difficult with produce, as that has so many variations, but they probably know that you won't order again if they deliver unripe or bruised produce. My sister belongs to a farm co-op, where she pays a fee and they deliver a portion of whatever they harvested that month.