Pretend Chat 2.14

MPRC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
An odd question, do regular forum members have access to other members email addresses, specifically, mine? I got a not so kind anonymous email from someone telling me what a danger I am to animals by cohabitating my redfoots and I'm puzzled as to where it came from.
In my irritation I blocked the email and proof, its gone. I might be able to dig it back up from a desktop computer.
I'm fairly certain it wasn't the person I've been having trouble with in my daily life because they spoke about my husbandry.
Definitely a weird start to my day.

Look at these poor abused babies!
1489938179637.jpg

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
An odd question, do regular forum members have access to other members email addresses, specifically, mine? I got a not so kind anonymous email from someone telling me what a danger I am to animals by cohabitating my redfoots and I'm puzzled as to where it came from.
In my irritation I blocked the email and proof, its gone. I might be able to dig it back up from a desktop computer.
I'm fairly certain it wasn't the person I've been having trouble with in my daily life because they spoke about my husbandry.

View attachment 202501

No. We only have it, if you give it to us. Could they get it from where you sell stuff online?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

View attachment 202501

What exactly are you doing wrong in their eyes?

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
No. We only have it, if you give it to us. Could they get it from where you sell stuff online?

As far as I can tell, moderators can't see (look-up) e-mail addresses by default. But there is a workaround. ;)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

View attachment 202501

No. The only ones who can find it are Josh and me, and I have never looked for it. We would have to go to a different program and pull your username up . . . not something we do regularly.

And we would NEVER give it out. If someone wants your email, we would ask you if it was ok to give it to them.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I didn't figure you could get it off the forum, but that's the only place I talk about my tortoises and their husbandry. I've had a lot of BS in my life lately so I'll just call that another random negative action from the universe.

I'm not hard to find online thanks to both of my businesses being primarily marketed that way. Its likely someone found me via Instagram since I put up tortoise photos on there sometimes.

I guess I'm just a 'moron' for thinking 6 redfoots can cohabitate in a 30x60ft yard. No skin off my nose, I have bigger fish to fry and a yard full of thriving friendly well loved second hand tortoises.

Whatever.

1489949186019.jpg

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Morning all :)
The triplex is just about done. Waiting for the Electrican so I can put in the a/c, but that just one hole and the unit.
The clear curtains are in, so the appearance won't change once the a/c goes in.
Misting system is in.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1489949370.064144.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1489949393.451424.jpg
The enclosure will keep its raincoat while the misters are on

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
The triplex is just about done. Waiting for the Electrican so I can put in the a/c, but that just one hole and the unit.
Misting system is in.
View attachment 202522View attachment 202523

Geesh, I don't even have AC.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
AC? Haha, not something I would think of up here in Oregon! Our house doesn't have AC and there might be 2 weeks out of the year that you wish it did.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
So y'all dont have this magical time of year where its ac during the day and the heater at night?

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
AC? Haha, not something I would think of up here in Oregon! Our house doesn't have AC and there might be 2 weeks out of the year that you wish it did.
We definitely have to be creative when it gets up to 115 yikes!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego

View attachment 202501

Sorry you got a strange email. Could it be your boyfriend's ex?
I love your water dish!! What is it?

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
Misting system is in.
View attachment 202522View attachment 202523
Wow, AC. That is high class! Poor Charlie has to sit in mud if he wants to be cool.
Where did you buy the curtains? I need to change out Charlie's. He comes out through his but he doesn't know he can go back in because they aren't completely clear. He's not very smart.