Pretend Chat 2.14

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
November 13th is Indian pudding day. Hmmmmm perhaps the name should be changed to Native American pudding day?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Yes. I made a thread with his picture in it in the "Other Pets" section. He's a beauty!

Sorry, I have not been spending enough time in here to keep up on other threads. I try to avoid negative places

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Sorry, I have not been spending enough time in here to keep up on other threads. I try to avoid negative places

Well, then, just for you in a positive way, here is Birdy Blue:

Blue Birdey 11-13-15.jpg

I have since learned that the males have the ring around their neck while the females don't. He's a very noisy bird, but I think he'll shut up once he's settled in. He actually talks, but I'm not fluent in parakeet chatter, so I don't really know what he's saying. But I think one of the words in the string of words is "blue."

I've got another fire going. Mmmmmm it feels so good! I don't have anything planned for my day today except maybe do a bit of cactus pruning and fill up my green waste barrel. It's a bit overcast today, but not too cold.

Nothing new going on with the tortoises. Well, except for that last leopard egg that hatched. Such a tiny baby.

leopard baby 11-14-15.jpg

and the late YF egg that hatched that I kept, the baby looks so dry. I'm having quite a struggle to keep this little habitat moist and humid enough. My fancy plastic film cover doesn't seem to be doing the trick this time. Maybe today I'll work some more on this.

YF baby 11-14-15.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Everybody must be out enjoying the beautiful Autumn day.

After I fed, watered and cleaned up after the torts I went and got my green waste barrel, but then I couldn't remember why I wanted it. Then it popped into my head that I wanted to clean up some of the cactus mess out front. So I worked at that for about an hour and while I was picking it up the bird rescue lady pulled up. Seems she was driving home this a.m. and she saw a bale of alfalfa hay along side the road, broken apart. She stopped her car and put this broken, messy bale of hay in her car because she knew that if she took the time to go home and get her truck it would be gone when she got back. Can you imagine? She put a messy bale of hay in her car in order to bring it to me for my tortoises! Now I have to figure out what I'm going to do with it. The stems are way too hard for my tortoises to eat. But what a nice gesture. I even got a hug when she was getting ready to leave!

By the time I finished cleaning up my cactus mess it was time for Misty's lunch. So I fed her, then made myself a homemade pizza with three frozen dough dinner rolls that I had rising on my counter. It turned out ok, but not something I'll make again. The rolls are much better as rolls with butter and jam.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I have stopped and picked up bales along the road, too. She is right, if you don't get it then, by the time you are back with the truck it is gone.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I bought a clearance roast for tomorrow, if I think I can stay awake that long. My easy bake only cooks for half an hour at a time.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I feel so Yvonne-ish today. I have a Marie Callender's pot pie heating up in my easy bake oven. :cool:

I think you have me confused with Cameron. I actually COOK! On a real kitchen range!!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I bought a clearance roast for tomorrow, if I think I can stay awake that long. My easy bake only cooks for half an hour at a time.

***Yvonne puts her index finger on her chin, with her eyes going up and over to the side saying, "Hm-m-m-m...looks like Jacqui won't be eating until about midnight."***

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Besides being uncomfortably stuffed, I'm having a hay fever attack. My nose is itchy like crazy and running off my face. Does anyone care?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
...ok,now I'm choking and coughing. Time to go take an antihistimine. Later -