Pretend Chat 2.14

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Soooo... how did everybody enjoy their Halloween cards I sent? Especially since they are still on the dash of my pickup. :rolleyes:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I was wondering who sent that card I hadn't received yet. So it was you, huh?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Yeppers, it was me who sent that one and all the other holiday ones you have not gotten. :oops:

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Yeppers, it was me who sent that one and all the other holiday ones you have not gotten. :oops:

I do the same thing! I always have good intentions but then I lose the cards or I procrastinate and then it's to late to mail it!
I could open a Hallmark store for any occasion!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I do the same thing! I always have good intentions but then I lose the cards or I procrastinate and then it's to late to mail it!
the road to hell is paved with good intentions. no point just saying.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
have I ever mention that I'm royalty?

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
November 7th is national.... Are you kidding me? Seriously? This is a joke right? ok fine like I was saying y
November 7th is national bittersweet chocolate with almonds day.so celebrate this day as we all know chocolate is a vegetable made from beans almonds lower cholesterol so eat something healthy by eating some bittersweet chocolate with almonds. Enjoy :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
have I ever mention that I'm royalty?

***Yvonne looks over at Jacqui and whispers behind her hand, "I always knew he was a royal pain in my...." and Jacqui quickly shusshes Yvonne.***

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, folks...we've made it to another week-end. Anyone have big plans for this week-end? I'm just going to don my jacket and gloves and go where the spirit moves me. I don't have any projects that need taken care of, but plenty of clean-up outside. One thing I think I may undertake is to vacuum the spiders inside the tortoise sheds.

When I see all you folks' pictures your animals always looks so clean and shiney. Mine are always grungy and dirty.

@Jacqui : I was looking at your old thread showing the hingeback habitat and I wondered if it made it through the flood you had earlier this year.

When I took Misty out this a.m. at the crack of dawn, I saw a thin film of frost on the roof. So I guess winter has finally reared its ugly head here on the turtle farm. Time to check to be sure all the heaters are set to the appropriate temperatures.

So I guess cleaning, vacuuming and checking tortoise sheds will keep me occupied for a good portion of my day. (Last night I put a bunch of ingredients into the crock pot for stew, so at least I don't have to cook lunch today. I can just work until I get hungry!)

Later.....

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

Oh me too! I started just leaving them on the dash, which solved the losing them part atleast. Just seldom manage to get them sent off.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Yvonne, fortunately, I had not gotten the old fence down, so when the flood came it caught that hollow log from floating away. I located all the plastic square stepping stones. I lost a couple of "cutesy" items, but that was it for that enclosure. Of course, I had alot of things dumped by the flood into that area like planters (minus their dirt), ect..,

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
my entire family got blown off a cliff. it was both very sad and hilarious.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
254949.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
*sigh* so much fun posting today...

you and Maggie both. She has so much trouble using her tablet for accessing the Forum, and you post the same thing over and again. Santa needs to bring both of you a new computer!

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
you and Maggie both. She has so much trouble using her tablet for accessing the Forum, and you post the same thing over and again. Santa needs to bring both of you a new computer!
Or just get an iPhone :) the app works great, much easier than the website in my opinion. Unless you do a search, then I would go to the actual website.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
ew-w-w-w...

I'm not a snake person, but I THINK rattlesnakes have more of a diamond shaped pattern on their back. ????

Last edited: