Pretend Chat 2.14

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sunny AZ
I can nap when I do not want to, but try to catch a nap before work just is not going to happen. Best place in the world to nap... the semitruck followed closely by my magical swing.
Sounds lovely, the swing that is:)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
November 4th is the sweetest day of the year. it's national candy day remember candy no cake no cookie no ice cream no browning no cupcakes no marzipan no toffee nothing but candy

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Why is it, if the day will be warm, the wind will be strong?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Just for David, I am sitting here on my chore break eating candy corn.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Why is it on a cloudy, very windy day 65 feels cold. Same temp with the sun shining away and it feels so nice and warm.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Anybody have a white peanut buttercup or kit Kat to share?

I love the white Kit Kat. But you can only buy it in a combo package here. I would like to just buy the white.

Why is it, if the day will be warm, the wind will be strong?

One can't have you getting too complacent. Keeps you on your toes.

I had to take all the plants off the shelves on the north side of the greenhouse. I walked past the open door this a.m. and the whole shelf was precariously leaning towards the aisle. I guess the legs are rotting. I just did a quick fix and hopefully it will last this winter. I took plumber's tape and strapped the shelf to the wall of the greenhouse. Just my luck the heavy shelf will pull the wall down.

For lunch today I'm having veggie lasagna. It's made by Michelangelo and it's in the frozen section of the store. It only takes 8 minutes in the microwave. I'll also toast a couple slices of french bread. And I'll have orange infused water along with it.

The 7 day forecast calls for 60's/40's. This is just the right kind of weather for working outside.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
I love the white Kit Kat. But you can only buy it in a combo package here. I would like to just buy the white.

I had to take all the plants off the shelves on the north side of the greenhouse. I walked past the open door this a.m. and the whole shelf was precariously leaning towards the aisle. I guess the legs are rotting. I just did a quick fix and hopefully it will last this winter. I took plumber's tape and strapped the shelf to the wall of the greenhouse. Just my luck the heavy shelf will pull the wall down.

For lunch today I'm having veggie lasagna. It's made by Michelangelo and it's in the frozen section of the store. It only takes 8 minutes in the microwave. I'll also toast a couple slices of french bread. And I'll have orange infused water along with it.

The 7 day forecast calls for 60's/40's. This is just the right kind of weather for working outside.
a vegetable lasagna? That seems wrong on so many levels to my Italian side

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

I have saw that lasagne, but do not believe I have tried it.

*fingers crossed for the greenhouse*

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Jeff should just be getting to Grand Island, NE for his next load. They have t oday and tomorrow to load him, then off to FL. Hopefully timing works out to see his family tonight and on the way by tomorrow, see me. Of course I work tonight, so it may be a meeting in Lincoln in the am. We shall see.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
I saw all these flowers yesterday at my grandma's funeral service. was it weird to think of all that tortoise food being wasted?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Maybe wasted as far as food is concerned, but I'm sure your Grandma was looking down on the scene and just lovin' the hell outta' it!