Pretend Chat 2.14

tortdad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NW Houston TX
Of course you can call it soccer, it's a British slang word for the game after all.
But it is called football also, whether you wish to use the word or not.
About two centuries ago, the sport which is formally called 'Association Football' was referred to as 'soccia' (from 'association'), informally and this evolved into 'socca' and later into 'soccer' as it appears the British liked words ending in 'er' at the time, hence 'rugger' used informally for rugby.
The British informally referred to it as such for a long time, until it was picked up and used in the US and, to a lesser extent, In Canada, as the ' official' term for the sport as the Americans had evolved another game that they called football.
At this point 'soccer' became an Americanism and was largely dropped from British usage.
The rest of the world , of course, call it football anyway.
This is quite funny.( In my opinion, anyway.)
Haha. Football is awesome and what you guys play is kick ball......

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Whew! Our hot spell has broken. It's only supposed to be in the 90's for the next few days, and actually dipping down into the 80's on Thurs. and Fri. I've got to work on getting my lawn mowing energy going. This will be perfect lawn mowing weather!

How about you PNW'erners. Is it going to cool down for you too?

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
I have step daughter twins that are 25 and I met them and helped raise them since they were 7yrs.

She's due in August.

My twins turn 21 in a few days. Ahhhh. I'm going to Arizona for a week at the end of the month so I told my son prepaid to get drunk. I said if your not puking by the end of the night I didn't do my job right.

Then I'm going to wake him up early and make him to some yard work or something and laugh at him. Good times!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
My twins turn 21 in a few days. Ahhhh. I'm going to Arizona for a week at the end of the month so I told my son prepaid to get drunk. I said if your not puking by the end of the night I didn't do my job right.

Then I'm going to wake him up early and make him to some yard work or something and laugh at him. Good times!
Indeed.
What memories are made of.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
How about you PNW'erners. Is it going to cool down for you too?
We're about the same. Setting a record here for most 90° days in a row. We're pushing 2 wks. now and town has issued a voluntary water restriction notice to the residents in that they get 1/2 their water from the river at the bottom of my hill. It's levels now are what they typically are in mid-late August just like when our well typically goes down.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1436192606.087947.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have step daughter twins that are 25 and I met them and helped raise them since they were 7yrs.

She's due in August.

So chances are good she may have twins??? (I don't know how that works)

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Had a lot of things not going right, so I took a break from a lot of things. Rehomed all but one tortoise and i just moved home to Vegas..

Which one did you keep, Vegas?

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
More like nibbling cake and food in general....
Anxiety is starting to get to me... *sigh*
I get panic attacks every now and then :(
Horrible things, I won't be able to eat, I feel like I can't breathe and I even throw up sometimes :(

I have to just keep telling myself:
STOP THINKING ABOUT IT!

It's really hard to snap out of it though

Last edited by a moderator:

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
So chances are good she may have twins??? (I don't know how that works)

She just told us yesterday and she's due in 4 weeks. We had a ton of questions and her dr said she doesn't have twins. She hid it from everyone and work until a few days ago and she was terrified to tell my husband.
Her friend warned her that Dad's get mad! Poor thing was shaking before she got out of the car.
All we did was hug her and support her. She will be a single parent.
There's a rumor that I'm watching him 3days a week. Not sure if I'm ready but she needs to go back to work.