Pretend Chat 2.14

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
I'd expected that 'reaction.' People get shocked when I tell them it snows here. Most people think it is hot all year round which is anything but correct-even if HITLER were to say so! I too like Spring, but after having seen and experienced the cold weather of the desert, I'd rather very hot than freezing cold temperature. My GOD... the snowstorms we've had this last Winter: temperature fell to at least -10 degrees C, and we got stuck and 'imprisoned' at home.We were not allowed to move for any reason whatsoever. For emergencies one would have to call the 'Civil Defence Dept.' And there'd be a punishment for anyone who moved, be it by foot or by car-even a four-wheel drive! How do you like that?! I got BORED to DEATH, and this is probably the main reason that made me hate Winter and love Summer when there's no other choice.
Our winters are mild, but I only have to go 40km up into the mountains to get to a winter ski resort.
People are always surprised aren't they?
But we don't get restricted here.
I love the hot.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I'd expected that 'reaction.' People get shocked when I tell them it snows here. Most people think it is hot all year round which is anything but correct-even if HITLER were to say so! I too like Spring, but after having seen and experienced the cold weather of the desert, I'd rather very hot than freezing cold temperature. My GOD... the snowstorms we've had this last Winter: temperature fell to at least -10 degrees C, and we got stuck and 'imprisoned' at home.We were not allowed to move for any reason whatsoever. For emergencies one would have to call the 'Civil Defence Dept.' And there'd be a punishment for anyone who moved, be it by foot or by car-even a four-wheel drive! How do you like that?! I got BORED to DEATH, and this is probably the main reason that made me hate Winter and love Summer when there's no other choice.

Blimey that has surprised me - we only had very light snow showers this winter in my corner. All this weird weather it has to be global warming

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
In school last year one of our Welsh phrases of the week for the kids to learn was Hwyl Fawr (goodbye), so as they were leaving I said Hwyl Fawr to them all but they were also doing World War II in history and I think one boy was a bit confused because in reply to my hwyl fawr he replied Heil and raised his arm! Maybe he saw then what you see now!
Heil HITLER!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Blimey that has surprised me - we only had very light snow showers this winter in my corner. All this weird weather it has to be global warming
These conditions are normal for our countries, it's just everyone expects it to be hot every day.
If you've got snow in your corner, i'd suggest shutting the window.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
These conditions are normal for our countries, it's just everyone expects it to be hot every day.
If you've got snow in your corner, i'd suggest shutting the window.

I save it up so that I can pile it up in front of my door, ring the school and truthfully say I can't get to work because I can't get out of the house for snow!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I save it up so that I can pile it up in front of my door, ring the school and truthfully say I can't get to work because I can't get out of the house for snow!
Won't they notice there's no snow anywhere except outside your door?

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
See? As I just mentioned people get shocked to hear that it snows here. True; I do not like it but on the other hand we need the....WATER.
Jordan is a very poor country with NO natural resources, and NOT much WATER, which has become a very serious issue with the population on the rise, and more that one million Syrian coming in after the uprising there. During Summer things become twice as difficult. You cannot imagine how careful I am with water consumption.