Pretend Chat 2.14

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Neverland!
Apparently its going to rain on Wednesday. :dodgy:
On Mondays, I have classes until 4, but there's a 30 minute gap between 3/3:30 so I can take a nap then. :)

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Everything here is still sloshy from the 14" flash flood storm we got. It killed my baby grass.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, it looks like another no-jacqui day. I'll sure be glad when she gets back on here.

I bought a pound of bacon last time I went to the store. Ken is being a bad influence on me. I never used to buy it, and now I seem to have a craving for it.

I took in a nice male Russian tortoise yesterday. He's really a pretty specimen.

A couple weeks ago I got an email from a gal who was planning to enlarge her pond and wondered if I had a turtle or two she could adopt. I explained that I don't take water turtles anymore, but that I'd accept the next couple of turtles that people call me about. So yesterday I got in a really big female RES. I emailed to the lady, and she hasn't responded. I sure hope she doesn't burn me.

tortoisetime565

Oklahoma
Yvonne you are so kind! I wanna see the male you took in! Tiff we haven't had a decent rain in months. It's so dry and we have water limits.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Tiffany blames me for being tired after staying up too late, Yvonne blames be for her realizing how important bacon is in the diet…seems my influence is far reaching.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
tortoisetime565 said:
Yvonne you are so kind! I wanna see the male you took in! Tiff we haven't had a decent rain in months. It's so dry and we have water limits.

Here he is...its cold and he's all tucked in, but yesterday he wasn't at all shy:

03-24-14b_zps154dc2d8.jpg

03-24-14a_zps5752b43d.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
So, last week as I was walking down my driveway to get the mail...:

03-24-14e_zpsb2eaed46.jpg

(See the culvert pipe just to the left of my mailbox...its in the shade and hard to see, it goes under the street)

...I saw a white and grey cat dart into the culvert pipe.

Then last night when I rounded the corner of the tortoise house to go fix a fence the same cat darted away from me:

03-24-14f_zpsd65af395.jpg

I was going to fix one of these fences, and one of my cat feeding stations is inside the lath house to the right in the picture.

So I set a trap at the feeding station and this morning this is what I have:

03-24-14d_zpsa6dd0210.jpg

Billy Boy was very interested in knowing what the grey and white kitty had done to be put into jail. Poor cat was hissing and spitting and yowling! He was scared to death. So I took him to the old vacant house on the back of my property, into the bedroom, where I stash all stray cats for a couple weeks until they're tame enough to be released. He was yowling the whole time. I opened the cage and he crept out, yowling, but he didn't run and hide, which I thought was strange. So I slowly reached out and touched his back with a finger and he didn't jump. So I petted him. I even got so bold as to pick him up and place him on my lap. By now he's purring in between the yowls. Its a male and he looks to be between 6 months and a year old. I'll keep him in the bedroom there for a couple weeks, and in the meantime, I'll make an appointment to have him neutered.

Just what I needed, another cat. And, he's the spitting image of my Little Missy Kitty. I need a name for him. That makes 6.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Gotta luv dem kitty's ...........

The "guard" warming up in front of the Hypo's house ....

and " bubba" ....hamming it up for the camera ...:rolleyes:

Frankie ....and baby girl ....those two are the sketchy one's!....

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Nice-looking kitties, J.D.

So I went out at lunchtime with some canned cat food and into the bedroom of the old house. No cat anywhere in sight. I put down the food and sat there for a bit crooning here kitty, etc. But not a sign of him. No rustling or moving...nothing. I came in the house and called to make the neutering appointment, and they can take him tomorrow. I don't know if I'm going to be able to catch him by tomorrow.

Well, I'm off to go sit there some more and see if he'll come out.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Last Wednesday when I came home, I was greeted by this shorthaired black and white tux. I was in shock, because my only one like that hates humans. I checked out the face, yep it had the split face. Petted it some more being completely amazed. Took groceries into the house, came back out and looked over this cat again. Mine (Clown) has one white front foot and one black one, so this almost twin has two black feet. :rolleyes: He stayed around for a day and now is gone. Not sure if he belongs to a neighbor or not, but sure did give me a laugh.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
JACQUI!!!!!!

I guess you didn't fall off the face of the earth afterall.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Nah, TFO broke my laptop's heart and it died. :( I just bought a new one, but not sure if I will be able to figure out how to get it up and running. :D

We finally had nice snow today... the type with those huge fluffy flakes. Just a nice ground cover before it all melted away. :(