Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I read....A LOT!!! I must read three or four books a week. Mostly on Kindle, but when I run out of money, I'll re-read the paperbacks already in my possession.

So, I finish up a book I'm reading on my Kindle, decide I really like the author and decide to look for more titles by her. I go to the home screen to buy another one through the Kindle on Amazon, and something goes wrong with my device. The part up at the top of the screen where you can click the little shopping cart or click the 'search' function is not there. I turn it off and plug it in and wait for a half hour, then turn it on again. No dice. Stupid thing won't show the whole screen.

So I have to buy a new device. Bummer. I guess I'll have to go look through the books I've already read.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I read....A LOT!!! I must read three or four books a week. Mostly on Kindle, but when I run out of money, I'll re-read the paperbacks already in my possession.

So, I finish up a book I'm reading on my Kindle, decide I really like the author and decide to look for more titles by her. I go to the home screen to buy another one through the Kindle on Amazon, and something goes wrong with my device. The part up at the top of the screen where you can click the little shopping cart or click the 'search' function is not there. I turn it off and plug it in and wait for a half hour, then turn it on again. No dice. Stupid thing won't show the whole screen.

So I have to buy a new device. Bummer. I guess I'll have to go look through the books I've already read.
I love to read as well. I will only read actual books though. I don't use a kindle or anything like that. I want a book in my hand.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I love to read as well. I will only read actual books though. I don't use a kindle or anything like that. I want a book in my hand.

Hey that's how I feel too! Every time I see my sister, she is giving me a box of books she has picked up for me. (garage sales and such places). Even though she tries to get the types I like, she doesn't do very well. Sad thing is, I keep running out of good books to read, so I am actually reading the ones she gets me. I go through about five books a week, so it's hard to always find "good" ones.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

A new kindle?

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas

Yvonne do you have the overdrive app? You can check out library ebooks :D

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I just checked out a book from one of my cities libraries last night thru overdrive. Pretty schnazzy.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I have a fresh batch of hot pecans. They're so good that I keep performing acts of insanity and repeatedly burning my mouth. Lol.