Pretend Chat 2.14

smarch

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
I ate Brussels sprouts, you do not want to be in the same room with me.
Lol

Good morning America.
It's 5 pm here in the Netherlands
Oh dear!... well that's one way to get alone time! good evening to you

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Did anyone watch that new show "How to Get Away With Murder" last night? I'm so confused. I missed the first few minutes of it, so I didn't know how this group of kids came to be in possession of a dead body...then at the end of the show, right before they were to light the body on fire, they showed its face and I thought it looked like the professor's husband???????

Can anyone shed any light on this for me? Or is it supposed to be like this to keep you coming back to watch it week after week.
I wanted to see that! Forgot it was on.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Morning :) Friday is almost over here, Friday is the best day of the week!
agreed and I work all Friday... its the knowing the weekend is coming and I can stay up as late as I want (lol usually before 10 but I COULD stay up if I wanted).
I was just wondering... is your holy day not sunday if you go back to work sunday? I just know we have sundays specifically off mostly because its most religions "Sabbath" holy day where you're supposed to rest and be religious.

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
agreed and I work all Friday... its the knowing the weekend is coming and I can stay up as late as I want (lol usually before 10 but I COULD stay up if I wanted).
I was just wondering... is your holy day not sunday if you go back to work sunday? I just know we have sundays specifically off mostly because its most religions "Sabbath" holy day where you're supposed to rest and be religious.
Muslims pray at the mosque on Friday, there is nothing that restricts work in Islam, you just attend the prayer then you can go work. The nice thing on TFO is that you can see different cultures, ethnicities, histories all in one place :)

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Muslims pray at the mosque on Friday, there is nothing that restricts work in Islam, you just attend the prayer then you can go work. The nice thing on TFO is that you can see different cultures, ethnicities, histories all in one place :)
Most restrictions on sundays are obsolete with the way the world is today but weekends are still as they are since its just always been that way. SO basically our sunday is like your Friday because sunday is our church day (or saterday night for people who cant attend sunday mornings. I love how theres so many different people on here, because as different as we all are tortoises bring us together. And whenever I meet someone who's different I always love learning... that would be explained by my major in communications and taking my intercultural communications class, because the more you learn the less likely you are to accidentally insult someone, which is always a good thing lol.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Well this morning, my ferocious Doberman really had an issue with these migrating geese! She barked her fool head off as they flew over our place. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1411746906.802170.jpg

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Can ya lasso it for me? Send it to Abu Dhabi :D I'm sure shipping rain is pretty cheap :p

Ship some to here for us also Ken. Our torts are desperate need some rain to grow their food.

Please........