Power outage

Peggy Sue

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Grants Pass Oregon
Wanted to give a big thanks to the forum and especially @Yvonne G for the idea of using hand warmers. We had a main power line knocked down yesterday and our power was out from 4:30am till 10:30 am. With 4 small warmers tucked around Sheldon in the bark we were able to keep his temp at 80. We keep him in his night box to accomplish this. Thank you so much for all the sound advice! We were able to stay calm instead of panic. Of course we have plans to get a generator and power inverter so we won’t have to worry ?❤️

Reactions: Tom

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'd love to have a generator, or even a battery for my solar system. Glad the hand warmers worked out for you.

Peggy Sue

5 Year Member
Grants Pass Oregon
We live in a rural neighborhood in southern Oregon and for why ever reason our power grid is glitched and lose power more frequently than we like. Now that we are preparing a outside shed and yard for Sheldon it will be imperative to have one hooked up to his shed so we can keep him warm. Wish we had solar. Once again we are very lucky to have your great advice ❤️?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
We live in a rural neighborhood in southern Oregon and for why ever reason our power grid is glitched and lose power more frequently than we like. Now that we are preparing a outside shed and yard for Sheldon it will be imperative to have one hooked up to his shed so we can keep him warm. Wish we had solar. Once again we are very lucky to have your great advice ❤?
Something else you can do in a pinch, is fill a jar with hot water, then wrap it in a towel...instant heat...I have a tort shed in my back yard... it is on a separate circuit and there's an alarm in my house that goes off if the power to the shed goes off....

Peggy Sue

5 Year Member
Grants Pass Oregon
Something else you can do in a pinch, is fill a jar with hot water, then wrap it in a towel...instant heat...I have a tort shed in my back yard... it is on a separate circuit and there's an alarm in my house that goes off if the power to the shed goes off....
Great Ideas thank you Maggie ?