Possible Mites? Very stressed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatGreekTort

5 Year Member
Where do I begin... To start off, these past two weeks have been horrible. I been waking up every morning with mysterious "bug bites". Thinking it was bed bugs, I had stripped the bed and washed and sprayed EVERYTHING. Nope. Didn't work... :( The dog does not have fleas, and it is certainly nos mosquitoes! I thought that maybe I was allergic to something so I had made a doc appointment. Low and behold, I have scabies. As embarrassing and annoying as it is, I am so stressed! I cleaned and sanitized the geckos cage and my greek's enclosure. I used prevent-a-mite on both... but still not sure who the culprit is, me or them! I'm leaning towards my tortoise.. I bought him from not too caring owners. (He was kept in a 20 gallon long with repti-carpet, and a rabbit corner litter box used as a water dish... An ADULT greek, Really?!) He is currently housed in 2 storage bins, with 2 sides cut out so its a double wide. It is 4 1/2 feet by 2 1/2 feet. I was using 50/50 repti-bark and choir but JUST switched to 100% choir after this ordeal... He has the 125 power-sun MVB with an extra basking area. Humidity is between 30-45%, the basking area is 90 degrees and the rest of the cage is 75 degrees. I haven't seen any mites on him, (then again how can you really see them?) but I don't want to take any chances... I'm putting up the white flag, someone please help!

WillTort2

5 Year Member
I'm thinking you need to have a doctor treating your infestation with prescription medicine for everyone in your household.

Now you've got me scratching.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.