mites

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyle82tx

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
dallas texas
i built an outdoor enclosure for some of my torts and was wondering what the best way is to get prevent mites. ive got a spray bottle of mite-off i think its called for the babies small indoor habitats but wasnt sure how to go about it on the bigger outdoor scale.

kyle82tx

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
dallas texas
i got the mite off spray from petco. and it seems to be workin good on the small indoor habitats that ive got.. but i only saw it in a small bottle and not really sure how effective it would be outside. the mites were like a light yellow color and very tiny , i havent seen any on the torts but awhile back i used to have a tort table inside and when i was cleaning it had noticed a few mixed with the bark substrate i was using.. so its definitely a concern now that theyre outside.. ive already sprayed the torts with it like the bottle said but wasnt sure about what to use on a larger outdoor enclosure.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
The mites are common in Eco earth and repti bark substrates. They are called wood mites and are essentially harmless to the animals (I have them in various tanks and have yet to find something that will get rid). With being in an outside enclosure the other insects like worms, lady bugs, etc should keep all the mites down.

Status
Not open for further replies.