Possible forum member well check for Walter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlishaT

5 Year Member
I understand that I am like a new mother and I am fretting over every little thing with Walter and his well being but for the millionth time I have a question. All in all Walter seems to be in good condition and I don't think he has any problems that I can see, still I would really like to have him get a "well check" from a vet. Problem is I work from 9:45-6:15 M-F. It just isn't possible for me to get him to the vet. I wanted to ask, if I posted some pictures along with some information as to my questions and possible concerns would any of you mind to give me a kind evaluation? I want some advice and so many of you are more experienced than most vets when it comes to the care and health of these beautiful creatures. Would you all mind doing this for me? I understand if you aren't comfortable with this idea but I still want to see if someone would.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
We can give it our best guess based on what you tell us and what we see, but there is still no harm in going to the vet and establishing a relationship and getting yourself on file with them. Most vets offer Saturday appointments too.

Personally I seldom take exotics to the vet unless I need a diagnostic test done, or some medicine I can't get any other way. Totally up to you though. I think it will give most people piece of mind.

Go ahead and tell us your enclosure parameters, and share your concerns.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't see a pic of Walter:(. Just to let you know though. I too don't do check ups with my reptiles unless there is a real problem. In my area it's $95.00 just to walk in the door. Too much for me when I have t found a vet in this area that has enough knowledge of their proper care. If everything is going good, everything probably is good.

AlishaT

5 Year Member
wellington said:
I don't see a pic of Walter:(. Just to let you know though. I too don't do check ups with my reptiles unless there is a real problem. In my area it's $95.00 just to walk in the door. Too much for me when I have t found a vet in this area that has enough knowledge of their proper care. If everything is going good, everything probably is good.

Thanks guys. I have some errands to run right now and for some reason since the 7.0 iOS update with apple my camera on my phone keeps freezing and then I can't take pics. I am not pleased! I am so appreciative for all your help. I will get those posted ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.